K&M Kahles PRS Match

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

Corjack
Administrator

K&M Kahles PRS Match

Post by Corjack »

Shot in the 2018 Kahles PRS match. First day I was 151 out of about 290 shooters. Second day I did not do as well, and ended up in 179 place. When my barrel got hot after firing about six shots, it really opened up at ranges in excess of 600 yards. Got home and measured to the lands. The throat had lengthened out .030. Had. It checked it real close the last six hundred rounds. Probably only cost me about a dozen hits, but 12 is a lot in this game. It was also a tad hot. Would have liked to been in the top 50%, but I learned a good deal. For whatever reason the photographer snapped a lot of pictures of me, and my gear. Here are a few pics.
IMG_2686.JPG
IMG_2685.JPG
IMG_2684.JPG
IMG_2683.JPG
IMG_2687.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

SPEEDY

Re: K&M Kahles PRS Match

Post by SPEEDY »

Sorry to say theres something wrong with a griwn man in shorts and knee pads thats a little disturbing. :lol:

But good work and better luck next time.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

SPEEDY wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:16 pm Sorry to say theres something wrong with a griwn man in shorts and knee pads thats a little disturbing. :lol:

The ladies do love a man who is always prepared... :lol:

151out of 290 didn't sound too bad to me. How many rounds to give you that amount of movement in the throat? You were shooting your 6.5Cred?
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Vaughan wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:16 pm
SPEEDY wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:16 pm Sorry to say theres something wrong with a griwn man in shorts and knee pads thats a little disturbing. :lol:

The ladies do love a man who is always prepared... :lol:

151out of 290 didn't sound too bad to me. How many rounds to give you that amount of movement in the throat? You were shooting your 6.5Cred?
I kinda lost track. It is a 6xc. I checked it a lot the first 1000 rounds, but not much the last 600-700. Got roughly 1700 rounds through it now.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

That definitely goes to show you how fast a barrel burns out with rapid fire and no time to cool between shots.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”