S&B Stratos

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

Gun Barrel Ecologist

S&B Stratos

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Euro optic have a couple on special at prices that will make you go :o :o

Trouble is, nowhere on either their site or S&Bs are the weights. The 1.5-8x looks ideal for a .375h&h but is it really a 650g behemoth? (As listed on another sellers site)

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/produ ... ratos.html

Kgi

Re: S&B Stratos

Post by Kgi »

How do you go with getting stuff over to Australia? Much in the way with restrictions? Obviously anything over the 1k mark gets duty slapped on top

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:26 pm Euro optic have a couple on special at prices that will make you go :o :o

Trouble is, nowhere on either their site or S&Bs are the weights. The 1.5-8x looks ideal for a .375h&h but is it really a 650g behemoth? (As listed on another sellers site)

I'd be surprised if it weighed any less. Even the 1-4 could do double duty as a war club. For me 2 to 8 x42 would be the ideal mag range, but alas manufacturers don't cater to markets of one.

Central Vic

Post by Central Vic »

secondtry wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:37 pm
Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:26 pm Euro optic have a couple on special at prices that will make you go :o :o

I'd be surprised if it weighed any less. Even the 1-4 could do double duty as a war club. For me 2 to 8 x42 would be the ideal mag range, but alas manufacturers don't cater to markets of one.
They nearly do with the Summit. I have one and it’s a nice piece of glass. About 1400 aud new.

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/produ ... ummit.html

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Kgi wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:31 pm How do you go with getting stuff over to Australia? Much in the way with restrictions? Obviously anything over the 1k mark gets duty slapped on top
Order today if under 1k.
From July 1 GST applies to items under 1k.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Kgi

Post by Kgi »

9.3x64 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:22 pm
Kgi wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:31 pm How do you go with getting stuff over to Australia? Much in the way with restrictions? Obviously anything over the 1k mark gets duty slapped on top
Order today if under 1k.
Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm wanting to know if they actually post to Australia and how much it costs to ship? Cheers

Central Vic

Post by Central Vic »

Kgi wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:58 am
Order today if under 1k.
Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm wanting to know if they actually post to Australia and how much it costs to ship? Cheers
They do. Probably about $60 aud. That’s what I paid for a Zeiss scope a while back.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Kgi wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:58 am
Order today if under 1k.
I bought one off them at a similar Memorial day sale price last year.
Shipped DHL, DHL here shipped it back due to a "no gun parts" policy, EO shipped it again via USPS and it sat in limbo for about a month until I got the letter from ABF wanting a customs declaration, GST, and $90 for the privilege of them pulling it out of the mail stream :roll:
Still cheaper than local pricing.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

secondtry wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:37 pm

2,5-10x56 Zenith with Flashdot is only 20g heavier at 670g :shock:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

S&B are damn heavy scopes, much more then needed and IMO aimed more at the stand shooter then at the stalker.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:11 am I bought one off them at a similar Memorial day sale price last year.
Shipped DHL, DHL here shipped it back due to a "no gun parts" policy, EO shipped it again via USPS and it sat in limbo for about a month until I got the letter from ABF wanting a customs declaration, GST, and $90 for the privilege of them pulling it out of the mail stream :roll:
Still cheaper than local pricing.
Did you import a scope or drugs lol. :lol: :lol: :lol: :handgestures-thumbup:

Kgi

Post by Kgi »

Contacted euro optic and they won't post to Australia anymore...

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Kgi wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:48 pm Contacted euro optic and they won't post to Australia anymore...
Well they've also just started an Australian outlet, and a few of us predicted that that would mean they would restrict exports to us :cry:

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

Euro optics have been great to deal with and buy from. Now they will be hit with a %10 tax on anything over $1000.
I hope Europtic au will follow suit with our us brethren and not gauge us like our LGS do ?

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Kgi wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:48 pm Contacted euro optic and they won't post to Australia anymore...
Just scopes or everything?? :handgestures-thumbup:

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”