Aimpoint S1 on the Beretta Silver Pigeon

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

mchughcb

Aimpoint S1 on the Beretta Silver Pigeon

Post by mchughcb »

Well I got a bit of surprise today as DH338 dropped in while I was testing out how the Aimpoint S1 fitted on my little Beretta Silver Pigeon 20G. I think he was surprised how light it was but probably needs a bit more on the LOP.

In the end it got fitted up and I took it down the range for a test. Its not bad but will take some getting use to. The red dot sits higher than the bead but in this little gun requires me to push harder to get behind the bead. Therefore not pushing as hard allows the cheek to comfortably sit on the stock and align with the red dot. The red dot itself is 6 MoA and they have done a great job of making sure its nice and round regardless of the illumination. I managed to see more of a star with the H1 Micro 2 MoA.

I got it lined up with the patterning board then at 35m I got it shooting about 60/40. I then took it back to 50m and got the red dot lined up with the shotkam dot. I had trouble on the simulated field with the targets whizzing in and getting onto target and trying to get the sight picture with the dot.

I then got over to the trap and shot much better with most shots with the first barrel on mod choke.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mchughcb

Re: Aimpoint S1 on the Beretta Silver Pigeon

Post by mchughcb »

[BBvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/JKEPBE3QfHc[/BBvideo]

Need to put in some more time to get used to it on the fast crossers. Also examining the pattern sheets I've moved the POI down and to the right.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Was nice to see you again buddy, sorry I couldn’t stay as I was on a mission. But I must say what a awesome gun. I was very impressed how light it was and how well balanced it was. The Aimpoint is a serious game changer. You will have a bucket load of fun with the 20g. I might get one for my young bloke if I can get the iPad off him.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

I think he will like it. He might want to try my webley and scott sxs 20g as well.

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Very nice Chuck, do you find it better than the H1 2moa?? :handgestures-thumbup:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

For shotguns probably.

Oscar
Meister der jagd

Post by Oscar »

Interesting. I found that when I use the H2 with my drilling as I move through the target with the dot if they are fast moving the best lead seems to be that as soon as the target gets to near the edge of the FoV then shoot. From the video many of those crosses that you missed were down to being either too high ( noting the 60/40) or you change your gun speed when you pulled the trigger.

Will be interested in how the Aimpoint goes in the duck season.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Im probably going to have another crack tomorrow on five stand. Hopefully get more hang of it.

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”