New Swarovski Z5 2.4-12x50

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

New Swarovski Z5 2.4-12x50

Post by ebrownw2 »

For those of you who have not seen it yet, below is a link to the new Z5 offering from Swarovski. At only 13.1" long and 16.2oz it is a fairly light and compact 50mm scope. Available with a BT and reasonably priced.

https://www.swarovskioptik.com/hunting/ ... s-p5555551

slugslinger

Re: New Swarovski Z5 2.4-12x50

Post by slugslinger »

Really nice scope, especially with BT!
I sure wish they had the 30mm tube, but I guess that would have put the Z5 in closer competition with the Z6.

Regards,
NRA Patriot Life Endowment Member
USAF Veteran

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Fedex is delivering two of these to my house today. I am at Reno at a show and here is what one looks like in comparison to a 4-12 z3
E96BBE4D-55D9-4E23-AE23-C7C61F9D3B83.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Nice light scope. No 4W?
Robert J Stokes

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

stokesrj wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:13 am Nice light scope. No 4W?
Nope

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

The BT model is available with the 4w reticle.

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

looks like the Z5 edition will not be available in Germany soon anymore - not fully (some fragments are still there) listed on their German website anymore!
life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.com

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

I think it will do really well. With the upgrade from the z3 to better glass, stronger internals and a light compact body what's there not to like? They probably won't make one with a rail but that would be really sweet.

Pigeon, you guys just don't get any respect anymore! You might have to move to America to enjoy European glass....

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

yes, not only to enjoy the European glas, but to be proud to own and posses a gun as well... Restrictions are getting worse each day - now we have "Waffenverbotszonen" in several big cities - You are not allowed to carry a pocket knife or pepper spray anymore within these districts. Guess our new citizens from Afrika or any criminal will respect these zones, just the law abiding people, which never have been a problem ...
life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.com

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Very useful magnification range and not excessively bulky.

What is the basis for the statement that Z5 glass is better than Z3 glass ?

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

secondtry wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:24 pm Very useful magnification range and not excessively bulky.

Having had both Z3 models and a few Z5 models I felt the glass was better in the Z5 models. I do know the Z5 had better internals then the z3. The z5 internals were the same as the Z6. Don't remember all the technical stuff at all anymore but if I recall the z3 had essentially a spring system that wasn't as stout as the others. I never had a problem with an AV or a Z3 but there were issues with both not holding zero, etc. Then again my rifles don't recoil to the degree that some do.

If someone else wants to chime in with the glass and structural differences please do. Been a long time...

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Pigeon wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:59 am yes, not only to enjoy the European glas, but to be proud to own and posses a gun as well... Restrictions are getting worse each day - now we have "Waffenverbotszonen" in several big cities - You are not allowed to carry a pocket knife or pepper spray anymore within these districts. Guess our new citizens from Afrika or any criminal will respect these zones, just the law abiding people, which never have been a problem ...
Sorry to hear that. I see bits and pieces of what's going on there and in many venues it is flatly denied and proclaimed to be propaganda against the German leadership. The anti-gun folks never miss an opportunity to tighten things up and none of their laws are ever rescinded. Once in place that's it. We all know the criminal immigrants who are probably the majority of immigrants won't respect anything and if caught they'll probably be turned loose with a slap on the wrist whereas a German citizen will have the book thrown at them because 'they are supposed to know better'. That's the kind of garbage that happens here from time to time.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

thechamp wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:27 am
secondtry wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:24 pm Very useful magnification range and not excessively bulky.

Having had both Z3 models and a few Z5 models I felt the glass was better in the Z5 models. I do know the Z5 had better internals then the z3. The z5 internals were the same as the Z6. Don't remember all the technical stuff at all anymore but if I recall the z3 had essentially a spring system that wasn't as stout as the others. I never had a problem with an AV or a Z3 but there were issues with both not holding zero, etc. Then again my rifles don't recoil to the degree that some do.

If someone else wants to chime in with the glass and structural differences please do. Been a long time...
I remembered that the Z5 has coil erector springs, rather than leafs, and if I had thought of it, I could have checked the Swaro site and found out that light transmission is specced at 90% for the Z3 and 92% for the Z5; so your eyes are not deceiving you, and the glass is different. :)
Illumination would be nice, but then it simply competes with the Z6.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Got home and the two new Z5s were setting here. Mounted one in my old Sako 75 in 6.5x55.
IMG_1884.JPG
Yea, it is not a Z6 or 8, but for the money, and quality, I am not ashamed of it in anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

That's looks pretty good for the $$$$. I will have to check one out when they arrive here. :handgestures-thumbup:

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”