This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

thomasr1969

Re: Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

Post by thomasr1969 »

9.3x64 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:32 pm
9.3x64 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:49 pm
thomasr1969 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:00 pm It does allow fitting to a big bore. I have that very setup on my 500j. Trying it for the first time Saturday.
Interesting. Please let us know how it goes.
Hi Thomas, just wondering how the HMS mount and Docter 3 went on the 500 Jeffrey.
I am looking for a sight for my R8 PH 500 Jeffrey and am a bit torn between the Doctor 3, Blaser RD17, or maybe the Aimpoint H2.
I have used the single foot HMS and Docter 3 on my 9.3 for years and am very impressed with it.
I think the Doctor really shines under 50 metres when the bush is thick. Perfect for walking dry creek beds hunting pigs when the action is fast and close.

How has the 4 feet HMS mount been for you, any issues at all ?
Allan
No issues at all. Very secure and works as intended. The mounts are very high quality. I would highly recommend.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

thomasr1969 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:23 pm
9.3x64 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:32 pm
9.3x64 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:49 pm

Interesting. Please let us know how it goes.
Hi Thomas, just wondering how the HMS mount and Docter 3 went on the 500 Jeffrey.
I am looking for a sight for my R8 PH 500 Jeffrey and am a bit torn between the Doctor 3, Blaser RD17, or maybe the Aimpoint H2.
I have used the single foot HMS and Docter 3 on my 9.3 for years and am very impressed with it.
I think the Doctor really shines under 50 metres when the bush is thick. Perfect for walking dry creek beds hunting pigs when the action is fast and close.

How has the 4 feet HMS mount been for you, any issues at all ?
Allan
No issues at all. Very secure and works as intended. The mounts are very high quality. I would highly recommend.
Thankyou. :clap:
Allan
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

thomasr1969

Post by thomasr1969 »

Just on a side note. I bought the mount through Optics Trade (I'm in Melbourne) and it took four days and it was in my pocket. Can't get better than that.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Well, I just received my HMS Henneberger mount for my Docter 3 sight. What an impressive mount it is, very good quality steel and looks extremely well made. The attachment feet are basically the same as a Blaser saddle mount, except the tension is adjusted by a torx screwdriver instead of a small flat blade. Mounting height is extremely low and will be a perfect addition to my PH 500 Jeffrey.

Thankyou Titanium Gunworks and Klaus.
Very pleased so far. :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

I’m just going to side track this thread in a few ways.

First of all once you mount something bigger than a 1-4x on a H&H or larger you really start testing the scope mount. I actually have more confidence in the old prism mount thanks to the vertical screws than the SR mount.

Of course it then transmits the shock to the scope and rattles the erector tube :doh:

For heavy recoil and rapid fire so far the H2 in the Blaser Mount is holding up well and holding its own in BGRC comps.

So hijack number 2; is the low Doctor mount available for the M03 platform? To mount a Doctor or Aimpoint on those rifles it seems you need a saddle mount, rail and then the sight - about 2.5 inches above the bore :doh: :doh:

Sigsako

Post by Sigsako »

For those who may have an interest in the Henneberger HMS Sumo mounts, in this case for a Swarovski SR rail, I have finally been able to find a better image of this mount showing the guts of the mount.

This interested me quite a bit as I'm searching for that economically viable alternative to the original Blaser mount.
The image shows the serrations quite nicely.
Looks like a very well made mount. :think: :think:
henneberger Swarovski SR mount.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Nice find. :handgestures-thumbup:

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

Yes, it is indeed a better alternative then the Blaser original mount:

https://www.titanium-gunworks.com/hms-samo.html

Sorry not to have that detail picture...

Klaus
life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.com

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Sigsako wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:59 am For those who may have an interest in the Henneberger HMS Sumo mounts, in this case for a Swarovski SR rail, I have finally been able to find a better image of this mount showing the guts of the mount.

This interested me quite a bit as I'm searching for that economically viable alternative to the original Blaser mount.
The image shows the serrations quite nicely.
Looks like a very well made mount. :think: :think:

henneberger Swarovski SR mount.JPG
Thanks for finding the pic! Now we know what it looks like and it looks pretty good.

Sigsako

Post by Sigsako »

I landed up proceeding with the purchase of the Henneberger HMS Sumo rail mount.
It is quality, without doubt.
The precision fit to the Swarovski rail is exceptional. When I first mounted it and set up my eye relief I was wondering if it was actually machined too small for the scope rail, as it wasn't bedding into the serrations. So I removed the screws again and had a bit of a closer look and dry fitted it without the screws. It took some pressure to bed it in properly and it sort of clicked into place.
Re-did the eye relief and then slowly torqued up the screws whilst assisting the bedding process with some thumb pressure.
A great firm fit, too easy.

The differences between the Henneberger and the Blaser mount, is that the HMS has Torx screw adjustments versus the screwdriver adjustments on the Blaser.
There is also a nice amount of resistance in this adjustment to ensure it doesn't alter over time. Well I hope so anyway......

It looks bloody fantastic on my R8PS with the Z8i on it!!!!! :P :P

I was also very pleasantly surprised to find that this scope is having a good probability of being transferable between my 223 and 308 barrels.
I set the mount for the 223 barrel and then swapped over to the 308, and it fitted perfectly. No differences whatsoever in the tension of the mounting latches.

I'll sight the new scope in this week and run a tracking test between the two barrels this week, just to see how it fares.

For us Aussies who are getting well and truly Rodgered by the new Blaser importer, this mount is a great alternative.
IMG_E0444.JPG

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

Sigsako wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:08 pm I landed up proceeding with the purchase of the Henneberger HMS Sumo rail mount.
It is quality, without doubt.
The precision fit to the Swarovski rail is exceptional. When I first mounted it and set up my eye relief I was wondering if it was actually machined too small for the scope rail, as it wasn't bedding into the serrations. So I removed the screws again and had a bit of a closer look and dry fitted it without the screws. It took some pressure to bed it in properly and it sort of clicked into place.
Re-did the eye relief and then slowly torqued up the screws whilst assisting the bedding process with some thumb pressure.
A great firm fit, too easy.

The differences between the Henneberger and the Blaser mount, is that the HMS has Torx screw adjustments versus the screwdriver adjustments on the Blaser.
There is also a nice amount of resistance in this adjustment to ensure it doesn't alter over time. Well I hope so anyway......

It looks bloody fantastic on my R8PS with the Z8i on it!!!!! :P :P

I was also very pleasantly surprised to find that this scope is having a good probability of being transferable between my 223 and 308 barrels.
I set the mount for the 223 barrel and then swapped over to the 308, and it fitted perfectly. No differences whatsoever in the tension of the mounting latches.

I'll sight the new scope in this week and run a tracking test between the two barrels this week, just to see how it fares.

For us Aussies who are getting well and truly Rodgered by the new Blaser importer, this mount is a great alternative.

IMG_E0444.JPG
Now that looks really good. You are really lucky that your 2 barrels match up with the right tension on the QD levers. How much were the Henneberger mounts delivered to your door Sigsako, if you don't mind me asking?
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

Sigsako

Post by Sigsako »

479 Joe
Optics Trade

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

Sigsako wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:00 am 479 Joe
Optics Trade
That's in Aus$ and not in any turbo dollars?
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Joe338ST wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:13 am
Sigsako wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:00 am 479 Joe
Optics Trade
That's in Aus$ and not in any turbo dollars?
AU. :flags-australia: :flags-australia: :handgestures-thumbup:

Sigsako

Post by Sigsako »

Yep AU coins, and not 850 AU Blaser dollars :snooty:

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”