New GRS stocks

Industry news, and new product releases.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, SPEEDY

sav338
Meister der jagd

New GRS stocks

Post by sav338 »

Fresh of the email this morning.
Your thoughts ?

Hello Steven,
WE'RE LAUNCHING TWO NEW RIFLE STOCKS
Both the WARG and RAGNAROK are being launched on IWA 2019.
We'll be sending the launch live on Facebook at 9:05 AM (CET) Friday the 8th of March.
GRS WARG
The GRS WARG is a stock made for the long range shooter - the shooters who use front mounted Night vision / thermal imaging equipment or top mounted bipods. The "AR" style fore end is made for the M Lok mounting system on accessories such as picatinny rails, sling studs, flush cups and so on. We have all of these accessories available (sold separately).

GRS WARG is available in the same inlets and colours as the Bifrost.

Specifications GRS WARG:
• Fiberglass reinforced body
• GRS SpeedLock II adjustment system
• LOP 35 - 38 cm
• 0.5” GRS Limbsaver Airtech recoil pad
• Total length 796 - 807 mm (depending on system inlet)
• Fore end width 42 mm
grs warg.png
• Weight 1,350 grams in Tikka T3 inlet
• No bedding required
• Flush cup sling mounts and push button sling loops
• One sling mount on the front stock
• Canting of recoil pad in 5° increments
• Prepared for mounting Piccatinny rails
• 1 Picatinny rail on the rear stock.
• 2 pcs. quick detachable flush cup sling mounts
• Recommended torque settings 5.2 nm

GRS RAGNAROK
The GRS RAGNAROK is a chassis stock made for the long range shooters, the shooters who uses front mounted Night vision/ thermal imaging equipment or top mounted bipods. GRS Ragnarok will only be available in Blaser R8, R8 Left hand, R93 and R93 Left hand rifles (R93 available in Q2). The Ragnarok is made to fit the Blaser Professional rifles and you use the original magazines.

This stock has the same rear stock as the Bifrost and is fitted with a new foldable hinge as standard. Main body of the Ragnarok is made from 6063 hard anodized aluminium. The fore end has the same features and accessories as the Warg fore end.

Specifications GRS RAGNAROK:
• 6063 Anodized Aluminium body
• GRS Speedlock II adjustment system
• Hinge included
• LOP 37,5 - 40,5 cm
• 0.5 GRS Limbsaver Airtech recoil pad
• Total length 885mm
• Fore end width 42mm
• Weight 2036 grams
• No bedding required
• Flush cup sling mounts and sling loops included
• Canting of recoil pad in 5* increments
• Prepared for mounting Piccatinny rails on the fore end
• 1 Picatinny rail on the rear stock included
• Recommended torque settings 5.5 nm

Please contact your local dealer for pricing.

All the best.
Oscar Haugen
CEO GRS Riflestocks ASattachment=0]grs ragnarock.png[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Re: New GRS stocks

Post by deerhunter338mag »

I think you should get one. Will increase accuracy by 75.2% :lol: :lol: Be great for the benchrest shooter or for the obstacle course guys. but really not that practical for hunting of any type.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Good to see they are made in left hand.
When they say "The Ragnarok is made to fit the Blaser Professional rifles and you use the original magazines.".

Does that mean you can just insert your fire control unit from your current R8?
Or do you need to remove everything from your R8 professional and fit it to the Ragnarok?

When I say everything I mean the action reciever/ slide.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

deerhunter338mag wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:42 pm I think you should get one. Will increase accuracy by 75.2% :lol: :lol: Be great for the benchrest shooter or for the obstacle course guys. but really not that practical for hunting of any type.
This was for you ,
Your the long range shooter AI :D

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

9.3x64 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:43 pm Good to see they are made in left hand.
When they say "The Ragnarok is made to fit the Blaser Professional rifles and you use the original magazines.".

Does that mean you can just insert your fire control unit from your current R8?
Or do you need to remove everything from your R8 professional and fit it to the Ragnarok?

When I say everything I mean the action reciever/ slide.
Sorry but no idea.
This came to me today and I thought to forward it on.
Possibly some Long range shooters would splash the cash and get one
Last edited by sav338 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Discogodfather

Post by Discogodfather »

WOW Oscar, this is big news for us tactical Blaser people. I have been working on a very similar aluminum chassis for a few months now but this looks like it has everything anyone could have dreamed of, it's very much like what I was thinking and as nice as the Xtek chassis.

The hardest part of my design was to fit a removable magazine (working on a version that can use Tac2 magazines but I also am considering designing all new R8 magazines that fit the magwell a bit better. I developed a custom trigger that can face essentially in the opposite direction to allow for the magazine to enter the magwell.

A couple of questions about the Ragnarok:

1) How does the pistol grip attach to the stock?
2) What kind of price will these sell for in general?
3) Is this stock actually a stock or is it also the receiver? Does it require a donor R8 receiver?
4) If it is a firearm (by US standards) do you have plans to import it into the US?

My idea would be to mill out enough room for my trigger module / detachable magazine system and modify this stock to accept removable mags. Exciting!

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

sav338 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:39 pm
deerhunter338mag wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:42 pm I think you should get one. Will increase accuracy by 75.2% :lol: :lol: Be great for the benchrest shooter or for the obstacle course guys. but really not that practical for hunting of any type.
This was for you ,
Your the long range shooter AI :D
nah not me i'm just a novice bush walker :lol: :lol:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

Discogodfather wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:17 pm WOW Oscar, this is big news for us tactical Blaser people. I have been working on a very similar aluminum chassis for a few months now but this looks like it has everything anyone could have dreamed of, it's very much like what I was thinking and as nice as the Xtek chassis.

The hardest part of my design was to fit a removable magazine (working on a version that can use Tac2 magazines but I also am considering designing all new R8 magazines that fit the magwell a bit better. I developed a custom trigger that can face essentially in the opposite direction to allow for the magazine to enter the magwell.

A couple of questions about the Ragnarok:

1) How does the pistol grip attach to the stock?
2) What kind of price will these sell for in general?
3) Is this stock actually a stock or is it also the receiver? Does it require a donor R8 receiver?
4) If it is a firearm (by US standards) do you have plans to import it into the US?

My idea would be to mill out enough room for my trigger module / detachable magazine system and modify this stock to accept removable mags. Exciting!

Sorry you will have to email Oscar direct.
I’m not sure if he in on BB ?
This was a copy and paste from an email I received
He is very responsive.

grs@grsriflestocks.com

Discogodfather

Post by Discogodfather »

sav338 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:25 pm
Sorry you will have to email Oscar direct.
I’m not sure if he in on BB ?
This was a copy and paste from an email I received
He is very responsive.

grs@grsriflestocks.com
Got it, thanks. I remember talking to Oscar on the phone about 2-3 years ago when I bought my Bolthorn for the SSG3000. Good guy. Really big news on this Ragnarok, looking at some of the high res pics it seems like it would be perfect for a simple module conversion to a drop mag.

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

I read as if you just drop the receiver into the frame and it’s right to go.
Hope it suits what you want.

Discogodfather

Post by Discogodfather »

Got in touch with Jerry at GRS. I asked if the stock was just a stock that required a donor receiver or if it's more like the Veter, where the chassis is in fact a firearm and has its own trigger assembly, etc. This is what Jerry responded:

"You will need a donor action and trigger assembly. We are only selling the Stock. A R8 Professional is what is compatible."

That's good news in many ways, because the stock is in fact just a stock (No FFL required). It's also very reasonably priced, EuroOptic has them for $1400. Not yet in stock, however, but I think I am going to preorder.

Requiring the pro receiver is a little harder on the wallet, as another $1500 is necessary. But I can live with it, especially if Blaser would import just the receiver (as they do with the Jaeger) and knock the price down to aorund $800-1000 for the receiver.

My plan now is to scrap the custom chassis I was going for and take the detach magazine concept and do the new trigger and offer it as a module to upgrade the GRS chassis to a drop mag. No idea if the GRS chassis will need to be modified itself, all depends on how the pistol grip attaches.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Does anyone know if the Ragnarok will be sold in Australia, given the hinged foldable butt?
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Return to “Industry News”