Blaser Kipplauf K71 in 7.5x55 Swiss

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

robinpeck

Post by robinpeck »

608 mm (24 inch) barrel with full length rib

I know very little about this rifle. Can anyone suggest sources for information including history of the design and scope mounting options? I believe it is an original Blaser Kipplauf K71. On the barrel it has a crest with the number 73 inside it, which I think is the proof date. Supposedly in 1977 Blaser changed to the locking system now still used in the K95, but I don't have a K95 with which to compare it.

Last edited by robinpeck on Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stokesrj

Re: Blaser Kipplauf K71 in 7.5x55 Swiss

Post by stokesrj »

I don't know anything about this rifle other than it was the predecessor to the K95. It is a very interesting rifle, I hope someone here will be able to help.
Robert J Stokes

BBF fan

Post by BBF fan »

its a beautiful rifle I really like the top rib on it very classic looking kipplauf. I was unaware of the K71 before but ill keep an eye out for one now.

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

First time I’ve seen one too. Very fine looking rifle. Love the unique engraving pattern and the red pad.

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

First time I’ve seen one too. Very fine looking rifle. Love the unique engraving pattern and the red pad.

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

I’m stuttering!

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

That it was very nice looking rifle, it's certainly handled those years with a hell of a lot more grace then I have. :lol:

But it is a stunning rifle and the essence of a Kipplauf, light, handy and so very elegant. It's clearly a gentleman's rifle :handgestures-thumbup:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

robinpeck

Post by robinpeck »

BBF fan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:24 pm its a beautiful rifle I really like the top rib on it very classic looking kipplauf. I was unaware of the K71 before but ill keep an eye out for one now.
The "quarter rib" that holds the rear sight, the rib that runs the length of the entire barrel, and the front sight ramp is all one piece of steel.
Last edited by robinpeck on Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

robinpeck

Post by robinpeck »

I was hoping one of you K77 or K95 owners could post a picture of the K77/K95 locking system (supposedly the same) so that I could compare it to the K71 locking system....or a diagram. Thanks.

I will soon post a photo of the top of the K71 chamber, along with some measurements. It has a dovetail and a cut for a recoil lug . I am hoping someone can suggest a scope mount option.

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

1. For a scope mount you might want to check out CZ-USA store. They have (had) a one piece scope mount that might work. It was for a single shot and combo gun they used to sell.
2. Not able to send a picture of tilting block right now but go to Blaser-USA website or just google it and there are tons of pictures. Or give me a day or so and I can post a picture.
Matt

robinpeck

Post by robinpeck »

I have set of Talley .22 rings that is very close to being a fit...just a tiny bit loose...I may be able to modify a set of these. However there will be no recoil lug, so depending on how much recoil a 7.5 Swiss generates they may or may not slip in the dovetails.
Last edited by robinpeck on Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Blasernovice

Post by Blasernovice »

This video shows the locking lug and how to remove it from a K95.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3-07oDjQY&t=4s[/BBvideo]

robinpeck

Post by robinpeck »

I have solved my scope mounting problem for now. I have several Sako rifles and many Sako parts so I used two original Sako rings, both intended for the rear of the Sako dual dovetails. The rear Sako ring's recoil lug fits into the semi-circular cut in the Blaser dovetail, so there will not be any slippage of the rings in the dovetails. I filed off the recoil lug on the other Sako rear ring in order to use it as a Blaser front ring. The Sako rings are windage adjustable and semi quick-detachable. I used an older 4X Swarovski scope with a duplex reticle for a perfect low fit, nearly but not quite touching the barrel at the front, and there is still room to reach the lever at the rear. When I bring the rifle up to the shoulder I am instantly aligned to the scope. So until I find something better, this will do.

I also took a picture of the rifle disassembled so that you can see how it differs from the K77 and K95 locking systems.

John1911.com
Meister der jagd

Post by John1911.com »

That’s a neat rifle.

Marky

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”