Hello!

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

boltfed

Hello!

Post by boltfed »

Hello, all! I’ve been a member here for a while, but have not posted an introduction. Im from the southeastern US, and got my own R8 after using an R93 for a bit and falling in love. Besides shooting, my other interests include hunting and reloading. This forum has been a godsend for info as I don’t know any Blaser rifle owners locally (although there are a couple Blaser shotgunners milling about) and have met very few in person. I’ve gleaned a lot of good info from here. As a left-hander I really don’t know of a better option than the Blaser bolt gun. I’ve had it for a couple years and really have no problems...and believe me,I have really tried to find fault. I guess the only real issue with the R8 is my barrel collection (and recently my stock collection too) keeps growing! :D I started with a Professional S .30-06, my pet, and I told myself that was all I wanted. It still is my favorite, but I have grown the bore size up and down the last couple years. After practicing to increasing my recoil tolerance (I’m a millennial of the .223 era) I had had the chamber widened to accept a big bore that I somehow became enamored with. I have recently acquired a steel receiver stock to try some even bigger bores in the future. Lately I’ve been fiddling with a success stock and I love it. I recently took it on my first trip to Africa and was lucky enough to take everything from springbok to eland with the .30-06 on a wild and wonderful hunt. I was very blessed and truly my cup sloppeth over. Looking forward learning more from this site’s members, improving my skills (I need a lot of work), and to future hunts, foreign and domestic, with my Blaser as my sidekick.

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Re: Hello!

Post by pagosawingnut »

Sounds like a good start! Welcome aboard.
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Welcome to Blaserbuds, great group here willing to share what they know. Hope you get to use your Blasers often.
Robert J Stokes

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

:text-welcomewave: to BlaserBuds. :handgestures-thumbup:

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

Welcome to BlaserBuds. :handgestures-thumbup: .........Do not be afraid to post here and be part of the conversation. It's a bit of fun....and don't worry about what us Aussies post....we really are sensible I think..... :D
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

Welcome aboard!

boltfed

Post by boltfed »

Joe, thanks for the well wishes. I’m definitely gonna take your advice and join in a bit more on the forum. Also, although I’ve never met one of your species in the wild, from what I’ve seen in movies and TV you Aussies are nothing if not sensible to the extreme :lol: : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5llm2WnLIaA

Prelude8626

Post by Prelude8626 »

Welcome to the forum.

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

boltfed wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:17 pm Joe, thanks for the well wishes. I’m definitely gonna take your advice and join in a bit more on the forum. Also, although I’ve never met one of your species in the wild, from what I’ve seen in movies and TV you Aussies are nothing if not sensible to the extreme :lol: : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5llm2WnLIaA
:lol: :lol: :lol: :doh:
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Joe338ST wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:14 pm Welcome to BlaserBuds. :handgestures-thumbup: .........Do not be afraid to post here and be part of the conversation. It's a bit of fun....and don't worry about what us Aussies post....we really are sensible I think..... :D
Speak for yourself and stop saying Theo is sensible.... :lol: :lol: :lol: welcome aboard Boltfed, hope you enjoy it here and join in.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Olsen

Post by Olsen »

Hello and welcome here, hope you like it, and if you like the Aussies, your the first one :lol:
Olsen

Blaser R8 Proff Succes .308 win - 9,3x62

2 shots in the same hole is often luck......3 in the same hole is using Olsens shooting stick....

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”