Hello from Virginia

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

John0313

Hello from Virginia

Post by John0313 »

Not really a “new” member, but never introduced myself. Not a Blaser owner, but have a Sauer 200 lightweight, and a Sauer drilling (16/16/8x57JR) in the collection. Left handed shooter, so that lowers the temptation of European rifles considerably. Despite my love for rifles, most of my local deer hunting is done with a crossbow due to urban sprawl.

stokesrj

Re: Hello from Virginia

Post by stokesrj »

Thanks for introducing yourself to us. Do you have the opportunity to hunt with a shotgun or archery only? I live in an urban hunt unit in Arizona which is limited to archery, rimfire, or shotgun firing shot only. I also have silencers to reduce complaints of nearby residences but am required to keep 1/4 mile away from an occupied building even with the bow.
Robert J Stokes

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

:text-welcomewave: to BlaserBuds John. :handgestures-thumbup:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

:text-welcomeconfetti: Welcome aboard John. Just get an R8 with a left hand slide and your good to go.:handgestures-thumbup:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

Glad to have another Bud from the olde dominion.

Chamois71

Post by Chamois71 »

Welcome! Having been originally from SE Pennsylvania, I know all too well about the sprawl and being limited to archery only deer hunting methodology! And if I were to advise on a south paw shootin tool, I’d suggest a lefty K95!
"That if you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on the animal’s terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always recapture the day." —R.Ruark

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

Welcome aboard!
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

John0313

Post by John0313 »

stokesrj wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:30 pm Thanks for introducing yourself to us. Do you have the opportunity to hunt with a shotgun or archery only? I live in an urban hunt unit in Arizona which is limited to archery, rimfire, or shotgun firing shot only. I also have silencers to reduce complaints of nearby residences but am required to keep 1/4 mile away from an occupied building even with the bow.
Sorry for the late reply! Saw the responses by accident. The county I live in has no firearms hunting at all - discharge of a firearm is illegal. I just joined a club last year that has some leased property a few hours away where I can use my “thunder sticks”. Such is life in our “modern” world

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

John0313 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:57 pm
stokesrj wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:30 pm Thanks for introducing yourself to us. Do you have the opportunity to hunt with a shotgun or archery only? I live in an urban hunt unit in Arizona which is limited to archery, rimfire, or shotgun firing shot only. I also have silencers to reduce complaints of nearby residences but am required to keep 1/4 mile away from an occupied building even with the bow.
Sorry for the late reply! Saw the responses by accident. The county I live in has no firearms hunting at all - discharge of a firearm is illegal. I just joined a club last year that has some leased property a few hours away where I can use my “thunder sticks”. Such is life in our “modern” world
Never thought you have had any such probs in the USA......
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”