Two Day PRS Match

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

Corjack
Administrator

Two Day PRS Match

Post by Corjack »

I hate shooting two day matches. They are just too hard mentally and physically on me. Had one in north Missouri and entered it. Actually did real well the first day, finished 20th out of 81 shooters. Second day it rained and flooded the range. We set around until 11:30 until it let up enough to shoot. Still got rained on a good bit, and wallered around in the mud. Absolutely not fun, and I shot like crap. Only lost ten places and finished up 30th.

The high point was on the first day I hit 11 out of 12 on a row of plates at 969 yards. They were 16 down to 6 inches, I missed one shot on the 8 inch plate, and hit both shots on the six inches plate. 12 shots in less than 90 seconds. I had to hold 1.1 mills left because of the wind. Also hit 8 out of twelve on a 12 inch going moving at 3mph at 500 yards. I suck at hitting movers, so was happy with that.

They had a lot of nice prizes, but I only like to take stuff I will use, so I grabbed a 50% off certificate for a Thunderbeast suppresser. Going to call them next week, and order an Ultra 7.
IMG_0185.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Re: Two Day PRS Match

Post by ebrownw2 »

Congrats on a good showing. I am looking forward to hearing your opinion of the thunderbeast vs your silencerco.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Good for you Ron, I love my Tunderbeast Ultra 7 it is very repeatable taking it on and off, always returns to zero and really tames recoil as well as muzzle blast.
Robert J Stokes

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

That’s a great effort and result.
Keep up what you enjoy.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Congrats on some very nice shooting. I hear you when you say how hard mentally and physically it is from shooting. I shoot very seldom anymore because I simply hate it. Too much work to get those little groups. Glad you're still able to do it and have fun at it.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Good shooting, it's a shame these sorts of shoots get so taxing as they seem like a great test of skill and a lot of fun.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”