Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor Precision Hunter 143 grain ELDX

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

Branco

Re: Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor Precision Hunter 143 grain ELDX

Post by Branco »

Thanks for your answer Robert.

Blaser sent me an email and repaeted the information by telephone. I also asked them whether they produced different twist rates for the Norh American market, which was not the case according to Blaser. As I understand Blaser barrels are made at the Heym factory, but maybe you know more about this as you have been there.
It would be great if the twist rate is 1:8 and I can start using the Hornady 143 bullets.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

My 6.5 Creedmoor barrel is indeed 1:8 I have measured it myself. The barrels are made at the Isny Blaser factory, I've watched them being made. I'm flabbergasted to hear someone at the factory told you these things. The 6.5X55 is indeed 1:8.66 but the Creedmoor is 1:8 and it handles the 143 ELDX very well. I have a write up on here somewhere. If I remember correctly I only took it out to 500 meters or so to begin with but later I've taken it to 1,000 and 1,200 with no problems.
Robert J Stokes

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Here is a link for you from Eurooptics, they don't always get things 100% correct but non the less are a good source of information. https://www.eurooptic.com/R8_BR5N_65-Bl ... 10163.aspx
Robert J Stokes

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”