Labradar question

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

Peaceman

Labradar question

Post by Peaceman »

I posted this on the reloading forum but perhaps this is the better place to ask this question:

Anyone here using a Labradar chrono? They are on sale currently and considering taking the plunge but have one question perhaps someone can answer. When shooting two rifles at the bench, alternating rifles to allow the barrel to cool, how difficult is it to change the set up in the Labradar. I am assuming you need to change bullet weight and if its menu driven, could be a hassle. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

slugslinger

Re: Labradar question

Post by slugslinger »

I've been using my LabRadar for several years and find it very convenient. The answer to your question depends on how dissimilar are the two rifles you're switching between. The settings are changed via a cascaded set of menus on the display and they are not difficult to set. Likely changes when swapping between rifles would be bullet weight (Projectile Weight) and perhaps shot sensitivity (aka Trigger Level). Most of the settings would remain unchanged I suspect if you are using the same rest for both rifles. For example, it takes (eight) button pushed to get to the screen to change bullet weight but most of those pushes are the same button . . . then TBD more pushes to change the bullet weight. You would probably want to track the two rifles in two different "Series" to keep the data segregated correctly for each rifle, so you would also have to switch between those series. In my opinion, the time to change these settings would be well within the cooling time of a barrel - it just depends if you want to spend that time.

Regards,
NRA Patriot Life Endowment Member
USAF Veteran

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman »

Thanks for the feedback. I see where it now has a mobile app that makes changing data easier.

hv

Post by hv »

I do not mind changing between two rifles/cartridges. I'll write on paper #1, #2 etc. It's so easy afterwards search the velocities. And after all, it is made for that.

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”