Well I suck my you know what in it again

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

SPEEDY

Well I suck my you know what in it again

Post by SPEEDY »

Well my habit of buying interesting, unusual and generally impractical firearms has kicked in again. :doh:

I had been thinking about either an F16 or a beautiful little Beretta silver pigeon 20ga my local had on the shelf when I saw a gun I tried to get imported way back in 2005 or 2006 come up for sale.

The weird and wonderful thing was a Beretta 471 Silver Hawk slug model with the folding rear sight, a drilling would have been more practical I guess but I had lusted after this gun for so long, for God only knows what reason.

Anyway its got the 22.4" barrels, 3" chambers, selective ejector, factory case, 1/4 chokes, adjustable flip up rear sight and is amazingly unfired.

But if it proves to be a wonderful hunting gun or completely impractical one thing is for sure, it's beautiful and it's mine. :dance:

Anyway a few pic's, after it arrives I will do a range report and fingers crossed it regulates well out to 50m.
kwd71kvmao4ngklfxs2o.jpg
cwfiop1hli6d2tbwe75t.jpg
pgm4p7ylb4cxwdrb8lnz.jpg
a8dshixdlcj4i1ro5u2d.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

SPEEDY

Re: Well I suck my you know what in it again

Post by SPEEDY »

iefkfvsqi0yrab1pukx5.jpg
inh9dhymjh73ibbdc2yd.jpg
m91zihwn9g1aavp2vw3z.jpg
ickz6gr5ll8ihgprbal2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Olsen

Post by Olsen »

Nice one, and I guess it will work well :clap:
Olsen

Blaser R8 Proff Succes .308 win - 9,3x62

2 shots in the same hole is often luck......3 in the same hole is using Olsens shooting stick....

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I figured if I really wanted a poor man's double, then I might as well get one designed from the ground up to be one.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Well its high quality for sure.

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Very nice Damo. :clap: :handgestures-thumbup:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Thats mint. You shot it yet.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

deerhunter338mag wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:41 am Thats mint. You shot it yet.
Only just paid for it today, pta in and they even got it in the post today, so I'd say my pta will be back in two weeks.
Downside is now I will have 6 12ga shotguns in the safe and only a few rifle (including an airgun) and I use shotguns the least. :doh:
But I will move on one Dickinson and my Baikal 43E beater/loaner on to free up done space and help balance the force.

But I've got some big targets and new eyes so open sights will finally be realistically effective for me again.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Wet nice and uncommon gun, I hope you have a lot of fun shooting various beasts with it.
Robert J Stokes

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Nice looking gun 👍

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

stokesrj wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:30 pm Wet nice and uncommon gun, I hope you have a lot of fun shooting various beasts with it.
That was the reason that I always wanted one for, the flexibility to to shoot small game and large game with the same gun on the same hunt.
I have been F-ing around with a genuine poor man's double, a Baikal coach gun that had a, rail fitted for a scope and it worked surprisingly well out to 50 yards.
Then I decided a single barrel gun with a scope would be better so I bought an Adler lever gun, it took foxes and deer but changing loads was a pain.
I then moved to a Dickinson straight pull (well two now actually) as a better option and I liked it but after shooting at a few foxes with slugs instead of shot I was reminded about that little handycap again.
This is nice and simple like the Baikal, two slugs in while walking to a whistling spot, easy two manure shells in once I'm there.
The flip up rear sight means it can be a true shotgun or a rifle of sorts and no scope adding extra, weight and bulk.

Trying to make that 1st gun shoot like I wanted was more expensive then buying the damn gun and added no extra value to it, the Adler was easier and damn accurate but a bit Fuggly and badly made, the Dickinson seems to be ruined by adding a scope, it would have been better to be able to buy a barrel with sights already on it.
But this is a perfect balance between both roles, designed from the ground up to be exactly what I wanted, on top of being beautiful and traditional to boot.

I think it's going to be a real case of buy once, cry once so I guess one day I will learn.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Beautiful mate, I love it. I too have the same habit as you when it comes to interesting and unusual firearms.
Well done. :clap:
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

robban.jagaren

Post by robban.jagaren »

Lovely gun with nice wood.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

SPEEDY wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:13 am
deerhunter338mag wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:41 am Thats mint. You shot it yet.
Only just paid for it today, pta in and they even got it in the post today, so I'd say my pta will be back in two weeks.
Downside is now I will have 6 12ga shotguns in the safe and only a few rifle (including an airgun) and I use shotguns the least. :doh:
But I will move on one Dickinson and my Baikal 43E beater/loaner on to free up done space and help balance the force.

But I've got some big targets and new eyes so open sights will finally be realistically effective for me again.
sweet
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

I've handled a couple of Silver Hawks and lusted after one but never seen one like that! Very cool a beautiful little gun, I hope it is fun to hunt with. :-)
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Return to “Shotguns”