22LR ammo tested in R8 Ultimate

Factory ammo fired in factory Blaser barrels only please.

Moderators: thechamp, skeetshot

Forum rules
Blasers only please. Post others in the appropriate forums. We like pictures. Post pictures if you got them.
roris

22LR ammo tested in R8 Ultimate

Post by roris »

I’ve tested several 22LR in my Blaser R8 ultimate.
Shot five shot groups at 50 meters, the picture should tell rest, providing my hand writing is not too cryptic :D
It is pretty obvious that SK Rifle Match or Lapua Center-X will be my choice for this barrel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stokesrj

Re: 22LR ammo tested in R8 Ultimate

Post by stokesrj »

I would urge you to try Eley Match before you decide. I am employed by Lapua and would normally recommend SK Long Range, as it does better in most rifles but my R8 shoots better with certain lots of Eley Match than even with Lapua Midas+ or Centerx.
Robert J Stokes

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

stokesrj wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:37 pm I would urge you to try Eley Match before you decide. I am employed by Lapua and would normally recommend SK Long Range, as it does better in most rifles but my R8 shoots better with certain lots of Eley Match than even with Lapua Midas+ or Centerx.
I’ve found the same 👍 upon your recommendation, I tried the Eley Match and found it even shoots better than 10X.

Rod

roris

Post by roris »

Thanks for the hint, I’ll try to find Eley Match. I was a bit surprised that the biathlon cartridges didn’t shoot well but then again, I guess they don’t shoot with Blaser in that sport 😉

Return to “Blaser Factory Ammo Database”