Blaser Scope Mount Screwdriver

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

Vol423
Meister der jagd

Blaser Scope Mount Screwdriver

Post by Vol423 »

I've never seen this mentioned but I have found that the screwdriver supplied with Blaser mounts has a blade too thick to reliably turn the mounting screw. I buggered a few screw slots before I began grinding these bits down to fit the slots. I wish that Someone would supply adjusting bolts with Torx heads. Until that happens, I'm going to continue grinding the bits thinner to fit the screw slots.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Re: Blaser Scope Mount Screwdriver

Post by 9.3x64 »

Interesting, I have never had any issues.
Providing the feet where completely released, open, and not on the rifle.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

9.3x64 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:16 am Interesting, I have never had any issues.
Providing the feet where completely released, open, and not on the rifle.
My experiences have been the same as yours. Never had an issue.

Rod

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

I've not had that problem either. My problem was I did not get the Blaser screwdriver with my first couple of scopes/bases so had to fuss about grinding other poor fitting bits - and messed up the screwhead slots that way. Once I discovered here that such things existed I bought a few of them. Turns out, they are perfect for taking down some of my fly reels too... I too would be happier with Torx head adjustment scews, alhtough they might not look as sleek as the current ones...
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Also never had a problem. The screwdriver blades are a VERY snug fit in the slot and care must be taken to get the blade properly seated, square, and perpendicular to the slot before applying any torque or trouble can arise.

The adjusters are also angled in the base adding to the need for care.

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

Vaughan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:21 am I've not had that problem either. My problem was I did not get the Blaser screwdriver with my first couple of scopes/bases so had to fuss about grinding other poor fitting bits - and messed up the screwhead slots that way. Once I discovered here that such things existed I bought a few of them. Turns out, they are perfect for taking down some of my fly reels too... I too would be happier with Torx head adjustment scews, alhtough they might not look as sleek as the current ones...
Well, there is a simple solution: not buying the original scope mount anymore!

The HMS Samo looks nearly the same, but has Torx-screws plus they milled the SR-Rail teeth from the solid instead of Blasseres cheap plastic insert...

https://www.titanium-gunworks.com/hms-samo.html

OR
to take the Innogun, which has also Torx-screws for adjustment, but a different looking mechanism...
https://www.titanium-gunworks.com/innog ... ovski.html
life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.com

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Pigeon wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:33 am
Vaughan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:21 am I've not had that problem either. My problem was I did not get the Blaser screwdriver with my first couple of scopes/bases so had to fuss about grinding other poor fitting bits - and messed up the screwhead slots that way. Once I discovered here that such things existed I bought a few of them. Turns out, they are perfect for taking down some of my fly reels too... I too would be happier with Torx head adjustment scews, alhtough they might not look as sleek as the current ones...
Well, there is a simple solution: not buying the original scope mount anymore!

The HMS Samo looks nearly the same, but has Torx-screws plus they milled the SR-Rail teeth from the solid instead of Blasseres cheap plastic insert...

https://www.titanium-gunworks.com/hms-samo.html

OR
to take the Innogun, which has also Torx-screws for adjustment, but a different looking mechanism...
https://www.titanium-gunworks.com/innog ... ovski.html
a bit late now I have a bunch of 'em.... :? :D but good to know
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

buddygun

Post by buddygun »

I have never had that problem either. I’ve been around products for a long while now. Long enough that I’ve been though three different configurations of their screw drivers and have never had any issues.

Return to “Open discussion”