Solid copper bullet 182gn

Moderator: deerhunter338mag

SPEEDY

Re: Solid copper bullet 182gn

Post by SPEEDY »

AndreyAAA wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:42 am
SPEEDY wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:08 pm Still appears to have worked quite well, roe aren't a big animal so opening up on them, especially with such a small HP is really good.
Maybe extending the small HP to the mid section of the bullet and then widening the mouth of the bullet might increase the shock and open it more evenly.
I think of making four evenly placed scratches in the hollow point cavity to create a stress concentration points. Making wider HP could require tip for better BC, which is excessive complication for now, but we will try this option as well, thanks for suggestion.
A mob around here used to make bullets like that, they worked pretty good, I think Lee defence do something similar too.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

AndreyAAA

Re: Solid copper bullet 182gn

Post by AndreyAAA »

Gamsjagd wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:14 pm That is awesome that you can reload in Kazakhstan.

I have never been there, my understanding is that you have tremendous wildlife. Ibex, argalis, gazelle, maral, bears, wildboar, leopards, wolf.

Not sure how well his websites still work, as he died a couple of years ago. http://lutzmoeller.net/8-mm/8x68S.php Google Lutz Moeller and bullets. He has a wealth of information on the 8x68s and home made copper bullets.
Thanks :-) Certainly worth visit with wide variety of visit purposes :-)

I know Lutz Moeller, but unfortunately we live almost in another "reloading" planet :-) We are very limited in the components availiability and need to adjust reloading recipies from international sources through practical experiments.

Return to “8X68S Database”