D99 Luxus Finally Arrives at the Local Gun Store

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

Kflattmann
Meister der jagd

Re: D99 Luxus Finally Arrives at the Local Gun Store

Post by Kflattmann »

I’m pricing a new D99 now with Eurooptic. I am anxious to see the final price….just going plain Jane no real upgrades. Just an all purpose rifle with a unique set up to use for most anything. I am torn on the rifle caliber between the 7X65R and the 9.3X74R……..any suggestions?

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Kflattmann wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:23 pm I’m pricing a new D99 now with Eurooptic. I am anxious to see the final price….just going plain Jane no real upgrades. Just an all purpose rifle with a unique set up to use for most anything. I am torn on the rifle caliber between the 7X65R and the 9.3X74R……..any suggestions?
I have both of them in two different drillings. I am not going to even try and say one is a better choice than the other. Good luck with that decision… :lol:
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

I've chewed over this topic in the past when looking at used ones (always RH....). I have wondered if you would get much benefit from the 7x65r vs the 7x57r due to the short D99 bbl? On our used market 7x 57s seem to be fairly common. 7x65r not so much. But seems like a pretty cool cal... and then there is the 9,3.... a terrible choice to have to make :-)
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Kflattmann wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:23 pm I’m pricing a new D99 now with Eurooptic. I am anxious to see the final price….just going plain Jane no real upgrades. Just an all purpose rifle with a unique set up to use for most anything. I am torn on the rifle caliber between the 7X65R and the 9.3X74R……..any suggestions?
Yeah 308Win. I got a 7x57R, 7x65R and a 9.3x74R. But the 308Win in the BD14 is easy to get ammo. If I had my chance again Id just buy a thousand rounds of factory and be happy.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”