Hello from USA (Georgia)

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

CrazyE

Hello from USA (Georgia)

Post by CrazyE »

Hello,

I'm a long time member of some other forums (especially Rokslide). I have never owned a Blaser, but I've been thinking about it for a while, and I love a research and analysis project. I'm primarily a hunter and shoot several bolt actions, but I am currently working on becoming a better marksman (at the range, and hopefully in the field). I currently own two Coopers (25-06 and 30-06), a relatively new Tikka T3X (223) and I've just purchased and am awaiting delivery of a Sako S20 (6.5 CM). One day maybe I will cull those down to a Blaser and some barrels.

I'm very wet behind the ears and have a long way to go to learn the models, components, etc. I look forward to the journey.
Stop the Bleed - get educated on training for bleeding trauma. https://www.stopthebleed.org/
PSA #2 - know the signs of and treatment for a detached retina. If you have a sudden increase in floaters (small dark spots or squiggly lines that float across your vision), flashes of light in one eye or both eyes, a “curtain” or shadow over your field of vision - go to the emergency room ASAP. Failure to treat quickly can lead to blindness.

Kflattmann
Meister der jagd

Re: Hello from USA (Georgia)

Post by Kflattmann »

Welcome…
You’re in the right place for a weath of knowledge way above my expertise. These guys have it.
Glad your here….!

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

Welcome Aboard!
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

The funny thing about Blasers is that they are a bit like herpes, people spend a lot of time avoiding then until they do get one, then once they get in your blood they are there for life.
Might as well become a carrier, we double as a great support group.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Welcome aboard mate.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

SPEEDY wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:28 pm The funny thing about Blasers is that they are a bit like herpes, people spend a lot of time avoiding then until they do get one, then once they get in your blood they are there for life.
Now I’m wondering what sort of work you did to finance your Blaser :whistle:

Rod

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

Being from Georgia, you will enjoy a Blaser. It’s a “Peach” of a rifle.

CrazyE

Post by CrazyE »

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. If there is a good place to start - whether on this forum or elsewhere (a subforum for Blaser newbs/rookies/dummies, etc.), that would be most appreciated (and best for the forum so I limit the number of dumb questions I post). I went to the Blaser site and (based on limited information and plenty of ignorance), I fell in love with the R8 Professional Success (trying to not look at the fancier models).

Please delay your responses as long as possible. I'm still getting to know a relatively new Tikka T3X and I've got my brand new S20 that I haven't even shot yet. So getting a Blaser would be even more frivolous than the usual purchase.
Stop the Bleed - get educated on training for bleeding trauma. https://www.stopthebleed.org/
PSA #2 - know the signs of and treatment for a detached retina. If you have a sudden increase in floaters (small dark spots or squiggly lines that float across your vision), flashes of light in one eye or both eyes, a “curtain” or shadow over your field of vision - go to the emergency room ASAP. Failure to treat quickly can lead to blindness.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Rod wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:49 am
SPEEDY wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:28 pm The funny thing about Blasers is that they are a bit like herpes, people spend a lot of time avoiding then until they do get one, then once they get in your blood they are there for life.
Now I’m wondering what sort of work you did to finance your Blaser :whistle:

Rod
What can I say, Blasers are so good, you would suck a you know what for one. :shifty:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Moxdawg

Post by Moxdawg »

Welcome from a new member like yourself from GA! I am in the research stage also. Good luck in your journey! I’m in middle GA so if you are ever in the neighborhood please reach out.

Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

Another new member here from Georgia…Athens area. I have an R93…it’s my second Blaser. They are addictive lol.
En vino veritas…

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”