Remington 870 vs Ithaca 37

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

MontanaTDB

Remington 870 vs Ithaca 37

Post by MontanaTDB »

I have a 20 gauge 870 on a small frame. How do these compare to an Ithaca 37?

Chamois71

Re: Remington 870 vs Ithaca 37

Post by Chamois71 »

Both are work horses as far as my experience goes. The 37 has the appeal to easily be used by a southpaw due to the bottom ejection. In past, I found the 37’s to be lighter in weight.
"That if you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on the animal’s terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always recapture the day." —R.Ruark

Zboneee

Re: Remington 870 vs Ithaca 37

Post by Zboneee »

Both are great pump shotguns (as long as the 870 is an old Wingmaster, not an Express). My go-to gun for chukar hunting (lots of walking and not much shooting) is my Ithaca 37 Ultra Featherlight 20 ga. Unlike the standard Featherlight which has a steel receiver, the Ultra Featherlight, which was only made for a few years, has an aluminum alloy receiver. With a 25" vent rib barrel (fitted with Briley thin wall choke tubes) and a straight-grip English style stock, mine weighs 4 pounds 14 ounces. I call it my BB gun. (And yes, I am a southpaw.)

Return to “Shotguns”