Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph

Post by deerhunter338mag »

I've been using the mangetospeed V3 for quite a few years now, and found it extremely accurate as a great starting point before validation at extended ranges. But it was always a pain mucking round setting up and re checked after a few shots, but it did its job. So, the other week after watching a few reviews on the Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph, I decided to pull the trigger and pick one up from Tony at Delta tactical. Like always instructions are for the weak: whistle: :lol: I just took it out the box switched it on, selected new session, selected air rifle, then velocity range, bullet weight. Hit ok and a screen comes up with a picture of the best spot to have your firearm. Then your pretty much ready to go. The rest was too easy and work perfectly.
Having a Garmin watch I already had an account set up on the phone. Too Bluetooth to your phone if you wish as the Garmin Xero C1 Pro saves everything and can be up load to your PC if needed. You just scan the code on the back of the Xero C1 Pro pick android or iPhone and off to the app store. Down load the app and within less than a micron your up and running. The app on the iPhone is super simple to use, not sure with the android.

Well, it was time to test it on the big guns with muzzle brakes. No big concrete brick to hide the muzzle blast like the lab radar was needed, :whistle: worked every time and was pretty much on par with the speeds I had from the Magnetospeed. I also had zero errors come up. Bit later on I refreshed the app on the phone and it picked everything I did up and saved it.

It’s pretty safe to say this is a big game changer in working out your speeds. I feel sorry for the owners of the LabRadar, if they wish to sell them as I've seen them up for sale as low as $250 - $400 atm. In Australia the Garmin Xero C1 Pro is going for $1099aud, which is not bad for how simple it is to use. Only down side is, it doesn't come with a protective case, but a trip to the local auto shop or hardware store will fix that. :dance: :handgestures-thumbup:
IMG_5163.png
IMG_5164.png
IMG_5180.jpeg
IMG_5182.jpeg
IMG_5183.jpeg
IMG_5184.jpeg
IMG_5185.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

mchughcb

Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph

Post by mchughcb »

Looking good 👍

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Good to hear this. I ordered one of these a week ago, but will have to wait until spring.... Finally decided to replace my old shot up CED
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

I have one and it has been awesome so far. I don’t have anything else at this point to add to this excellent review

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

That’s a handy little piece of equipment.
A couple of years ago I sold my LabRadar as I was sick of missing shots, and picking up shots of shooters on the bench beside me.
I ended up purchasing a Bullet Seeker Mach 4, and it has been absolutely flawless in performance. Little bit smaller than the Garmin as it has no screen. It uses the screen on my mobile, which I like very much, as you can position it in the correct light to read it clearly. It does read the velocity out aloud as well if you don’t want to use your phone screen. It also saves old fart’s putting their glasses on and off while shooting.
But the tiny size, like the Garmin was a big bonus over the old LabRadar. You are going to really enjoy this little thing..:clap:
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

9.3x64 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:14 pm That’s a handy little piece of equipment.
A couple of years ago I sold my LabRadar as I was sick of missing shots, and picking up shots of shooters on the bench beside me.
I ended up purchasing a Bullet Seeker Mach 4, and it has been absolutely flawless in performance. Little bit smaller than the Garmin as it has no screen. It uses the screen on my mobile, which I like very much, as you can position it in the correct light to read it clearly. It does read the velocity out aloud as well if you don’t want to use your phone screen. It also saves old fart’s putting their glasses on and off while shooting.
But the tiny size, like the Garmin was a big bonus over the old LabRadar. You are going to really enjoy this little thing..:clap:
Mate has the Bullet Seeker and that's what I was going to get till the Garmin came out. He had the 1st one and it played up. Took it back to where he got it from and was told there was issues with them. He had it replaced with Mach 4 and problem was solved. Only other problem is he's to tight to get a decent tripod for it or mounting system, as it kept falling over from the big muzzle blast. Also his not super techo and the blue tooth kept dropping out. But every time I used it, it was super spot on and worked every time.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Vaughan wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:38 am Good to hear this. I ordered one of these a week ago, but will have to wait until spring.... Finally decided to replace my old shot up CED
You want be disappointed at all.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Just have ot wait for the sun to come back and the snow to melt...
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

deerhunter338mag wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:54 am
9.3x64 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:14 pm That’s a handy little piece of equipment.
Only other problem is he's to tight to get a decent tripod for it or mounting system, as it kept falling over from the big muzzle blast.
I have a mate like that to… :lol:
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Arcturus

Post by Arcturus »

I too bought one. I've used it twice now, though not with a braked rifle yet. Agree with the review. I'm impressed.

AxP

Post by AxP »

Hello. Where can I buy it from the online store in Europe?
Thank you.
Hunting toys: Blaser R8, 9.3x62, .308Win, 6.5x55SE, Benelli Montefeltro 12Ga

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”