suppressed K95

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Re: suppressed K95

Post by ebrownw2 »

I now own three suppressors, 4 threaded r8 barrels, plus two more rifles and a pistol threaded to accept them. However, I still think anyone who threads a K95 barrel and puts an oil can on the end of it should be tarred and feathered.

Flint

Post by Flint »

dieselten wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:11 pm [...] I had it done 5/8x24. It is critical that the threads are cut to fit the threads on the can exactly, with zero slop. When this is done you really only need a very minimal amount of torque onto the shoulder when tightening the can
I called up J. Sip and he was willing to take on the job. The threading, mounting of the CB brake, and re-installation of the sights were all completed a day or two after the barrel arrived in UT. He tells me that the most difficult part of the job was removing the rear sight. That was the major hurdle. Otherwise, nothing about the job was much of a hassle. I've not yet seen the barrel; it should arrive shortly. Per the photographs, it looks great. At least, as great as a K95 barrel can look with a Thunder Beast CB Brake.
ebrownw2 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:05 pm I now own three suppressors, 4 threaded r8 barrels, plus two more rifles and a pistol threaded to accept them. However, I still think anyone who threads a K95 barrel and puts an oil can on the end of it should be tarred and feathered.
It definitely detracts from the svelte lines of the K95. Putting a can on it was a compromise on many levels but will compliment its purpose. Fortunately, the suppressor is only 1.5" in diameter.
Tank Suppressor.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dieselten
Meister der jagd

Post by dieselten »

Eddie is looking a little pale so I think I need to get his blood pressure up. Here is a pic of my next project, I want to mount one of my Unertl target scopes to my .222 K95 barrel. I just need to find someone to drill 4 holes for the barrel blocks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

Make sure he has a couple of drinks first.

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

I award house Flint 100 points for the most outstanding use of a photo in recent memory.

I deduct 10,000 points from house dieselten for obvious reasons.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

LMAO :lol:

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”