From the Garden.

This is the place to discuss your cooking,eating, drinking, recipes and pose questions, for answers on an international scale.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Oscar

Oscar
Meister der jagd

From the Garden.

Post by Oscar »

Not sure about many of you but many of my favourite red meat dishes have a tomato based sauce. So it’s our main crop in the vege garden. Multiple type from Roma’s, beef steaks etc.

So over the past week I have been making into soups, paste and sauces tomato product. We also use our wood fire pizza oven a bit so we tend to go through a bit pizza paste. Current batch on the stove in one photo and the the remains of our tommy crop ( that’s about 1/3 of what has already come off the vine in pAst few weeks). What ever doesn’t ripen will be made into green tommy relish or into the green waste bin if not suitable. Not sure about the economics of it but the taste make up for it!

We have also grown a fair few jalapeños to make poppers which are a favourite on pizza nights.

The pizza sauce is simple, roast about 2 kg of tomato’s, along with a cut up onion, some garlic, a Chili or three , salt, pepperolus olive oil. When soft put through a machine to desk in and seed then on the pot for a few hours ( include a pinch of oregano) to reduce to about 1/3 in volume. Vac seal then use when needed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mchughcb

Re: From the Garden.

Post by mchughcb »

That is one great crop yield there.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Hard to beat a nice Roma tomato for taste 👍

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Nice! I wish I could grow tomatoes. Too damn cold. I've been thinking of investing in a polytunnel so I can grow tomatoes, beans and chillis. I grow potatoes and keep chickens for similar reasons. Taste...
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Return to “BlaserBuds Food And Drink”