Swarovski Z8i SR help

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

D16er

Swarovski Z8i SR help

Post by D16er »

Hello friends,

I took out my very first Blaser out of Jail yesterday,(those of you who live in California know what I mean) a Blaser Ultimate chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and am really liking it the little I've handled it.

I splurged on myself a bit and dove head first by purchasing the Blaser along with a Swarovski Z8i 2-16x50 SR but have ran into some problems/concerns and was hoping y’all could help as Ive never owned a rail mounted scope let alone a installed one in a Blaser.

1. I noticed I need to run the scope forward to obtain the perfect sight picture but realized the rear lever will hit the parallax knob on the scope when I mount it on the barrel, have any of you ran into this?

2. When looking down the scope I notice the barrel showing on the lower field of view, looking at the scope and rifle from a side view I also notice its angled down or maybe I am seeing things. Did I install it incorrectly or is it normal? As far as I am aware the mount is a 0 MOA.

I dont know how to attach photos from my phone, once I figure it out I will attach them.

AxP

Re: Swarovski Z8i SR help

Post by AxP »

Hello,
1. For properly function, without interference between riflescope and mount knob, I turned the backside knob, at the first part of turn, with mount knob only half opened.
You can see the below photos.
2. Sorry, I don't understand exactly, about what you talk, ..., but all the way, the inclination of the scope mount is it 12 MOA, forward. This info is received from the Blaser service team Germany.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hunting toys: Blaser R8, 9.3x62, .308Win, 6.5x55SE, Benelli Montefeltro 12Ga

D16er

Post by D16er »

Apologies AxP, when looking through the scope. I SEE THE RETICLE AND i can also see a part of the barrel on the bottom.

D16er

Post by D16er »

Photos attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

This is common on low power scopes. I am guessing that you are seeing it at 2 or 3 power.

D16er

Post by D16er »

Gamsjagd wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:23 pm This is common on low power scopes. I am guessing that you are seeing it at 2 or 3 power.
You might have solved the problem, forgot to mention I only have experience with 3-9x scopes lol 😂

Kflattmann
Meister der jagd

Post by Kflattmann »

Normal….mine has the same sight picture.
As stated, it’s common on low power scopes.

D16er

Post by D16er »

Thank you all!

D16er

Post by D16er »

Another question regarding this optic, does the BTF turret only work with the Swaro Ballistic Program? What do the numbers on the turret mean?

What Ballistic Calculators are others running with the BTF turret?

Thank you.

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

You can see the barrel because it is 2 power.

Use the Swarovski program it is easy.

Print out a Excel document to keep your life easy.

D16er

Post by D16er »

I used the Swaro program but it doesnt allow you to true the click values if they are off.

I’ll play with it a bit more.

Thanks yo

D16er

Post by D16er »

When I plug in the conditions on the Swarovski Ballistic Program, whether online or the App on my Iphone, the information gets automatically changed.

For example, after entering the sea level of 506 ft I go to the next option and enter 29.87 for the absolute air pressure, when I enter that the sea level gets changed to 47. When I go back to change the sea level the Absolute Air Pressure changes to 29.88.

Is anyone else having that issue?

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

Strelok Pro has Swarovski Z8 scopes in it. Download that.

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

D16er wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:01 pm Another question regarding this optic, does the BTF turret only work with the Swaro Ballistic Program? What do the numbers on the turret mean?

What Ballistic Calculators are others running with the BTF turret?

Thank you.
You can work any program with the BFT turret. I use Strelok and my son uses Applied Ballistics. Both are very good but I am not sure if Strelok is still available here in the U.S. I know we haven’t had an update in a long time. I have heard that our government has band it because the Russian Snipers are using Strelok too. Who knows, it is a crazy world we live in.

The Numbers on the Turret. Basically the Swarovski Z8i scope work in MILS. Think of MILS as a Ratio of One in a Thousand. In metric 1 Mil equals 1 meter at 1,000 meters and 10 CM in 100 meters. It also works in yards. 1 MIL equals 36 inches in 1,000 yards and 3.6 inches in 100 yards. Each click on the turret is 1/10th of a MIL. So at 100 yards 1/10th of a MIL is .36” and at 100m 1/10th is 1cm.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

D16er

Post by D16er »

I read on Snipers Hide that Strelok was banned in the US for the exact reason you stated.

Thanks dchamp, thats the info I couldn't understand in the manual. For example, if I were to use Applied Ballistics and it told me to dial 1.4 mils, I would simply turn the turret to number 14?

Return to “Open discussion”