BBF 95 - interchangeable barrels

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

mati

BBF 95 - interchangeable barrels

Post by mati »

Hi guys! This is my first post here. I have learnt a lot from the content of Blaserbuds and thank you for all of the super useful information you provided here so far! :)
Now - to the point. I am waiting for the delivery of BBF 95 chambered 16/70 and 8x57 IRS (bought it used). I always wanted to have this set of calibers in a BBF. Due to the increasing steel-shots regulations, I am also thinking of buying another set of barrels to this gun (namely 12/76 and some smaller rifle caliber). From what I know, all of the BBF 95/97 barrels are interchangeable, but I have some doubts whether the receiver of a gun originally chambered 16/70 can handle pressures generated by the 12/76. Do you have any experience with such issues? Can I safely use 12/76 and 222 barrels as an interchange with the 16/70 8x57 IRS? I asked Blaser, but they reply was "qualified gunsmith should do this". Sure, I will do that, but before I would like to know your experience in this matter.
Cheers!
Mati

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Re: BBF 95 - interchangeable barrels

Post by Gamsjagd »

Mati,

Yes they are all interchangeable.

A qualified gunsmith should do it. But I have had multiple K95 barrels just work without any fitting. Then the last one I bought needed fitting.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Yes they will fit. The issue is the tension the fore end. The gunsmith will ensure they are the same so you can change barrels and the stiffness to open the action stays the same.

mati

Post by mati »

Thanks guys! I will let you know, once the gun arrived, how it behaves. Cheers!
Mati

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”