Dog search

Here is the place to discuss our favorite dogs of all types, and our adventures with them.

Moderators: Vaughan, mchughcb

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Re: Dog search

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Olsen wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:14 pm Labrador all the way :dance: :dance:

Screenshot_20230729_061229_Gallery.jpg
Friend of mine hunts with her golden retriever and is out hunting Sambar most weekends with her. The dog is a fantastic tracker and now has worked out that deer means food has made the dog work even better. :handgestures-thumbup:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Trazman has a Bracken that I have hunted with, a really nice little dog. You might pm him for more information.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert J Stokes

Rifletuner

Post by Rifletuner »

SPEEDY wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:09 pm

Is she from the breeder in Vic that after you take her home you go back and get training lessons from him?

Yes, Daniel Grixti in Benalla. He was good to deal with. I never made it to any of the training though. Its scheduled at various points through the first 12 months, and because we picked our girl up in October of 2020, we were in full lockdown for a lot of that time. Through 2020 and 2021 Daniel scheduled multiple sessions, but every time Dan Andrews would call a state or Melbourne lockdown, so the training session got cancelled.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I thought so, my mate got one off of him too, just about the perfect hunting dog.
Great around the house, super friendly with peopleand other dogs, no aggression and huge prey drive.
Only down side when she comes to visit she will spend 30min pointing at our chooks instead of going to the toilet. 🤣
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

SPEEDY wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:33 pm I thought so, my mate got one off of him too, just about the perfect hunting dog.
Great around the house, super friendly with peopleand other dogs, no aggression and huge prey drive.
Only down side when she comes to visit she will spend 30min pointing at our chooks instead of going to the toilet. 🤣
:lol: :lol: we had a GWP that just could not get used to chooks. He wore a deep track into the ground around the chook pen - circle, point.... circle point.... :doh:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Should have seen it when we had rabbits too. 🤣
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

SPEEDY wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:17 am Should have seen it when we had rabbits too. 🤣
thats just mean... :lol:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Rifletuner

Post by Rifletuner »

This is our girl indicating a magpie on her daily work. She was probably 12 to 18 months old when this video as taken. We started her on a 10 meter long line on her walks, then when she was showing good control we let her drag the line around behind her. This video shows her when she was still dragging the line behind her - no one is holding her or stopping her from moving. She is just doing her normal stalk. For the last 20 or so months we have walked her completely off leash, but still have control with a Garmin training collar.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Awesome work there, pointed that Magpie up like Carlie Curnow did last Friday night :clap: :clap: :handgestures-thumbup:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Whatever dog you like. Just put the time into training it.

Return to “BlaserBuds Dog Diskussions”