Here you will read announcements regarding the forum(s) and is the place to report issues and suggestions. All posts will be responded to, not all suggestions will be implemented!

Moderators: thechamp, Corjack

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Best I can tell, the log in issues with remembering passwords and automatically filling them in is related to google and or safari. If you get google chrome and make it default works perfectly. Also works perfectly if you make Firefox your default.

Go int control panel click on the chrome or Firefox app, then set it to default.

I have tested it several times and it works.

Let me know if anybody else has a better solution.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

analog_art

Re: Log in to Blaserbuds problems

Post by analog_art »

I use Firefox and a password manager.

The password manager is good about filling in the userid/password so no issues there.

What's new/different since the update is that if I refresh a blaserbuds page (typically the new posts quicklink) I get kicked out and have to log in again. It's like your cookie is set to expire too fast or on reload (I'm NOT a web expert).

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

analog_art wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:16 am I use Firefox and a password manager.

The password manager is good about filling in the userid/password so no issues there.

What's new/different since the update is that if I refresh a blaserbuds page (typically the new posts quicklink) I get kicked out and have to log in again. It's like your cookie is set to expire too fast or on reload (I'm NOT a web expert).

That should be better now. It is set for a a much longer period.

analog_art

Post by analog_art »

Corjack wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:06 am
analog_art wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:16 am I use Firefox and a password manager.

Thanks!

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Corjack wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:06 am

All working fine now. Thanks Ron.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

The biggest problem is that PHPBB hs become way to complex, theguys that design and develop on it are totally oblivious that not everyone’s life is spent behind a computer screen . Looking at code. There are a lot of small little glitches installed by earlier guys that did stuff on the website. The current fellow is the best and easiest to get along with, but it could take hundreds of hours to track down and resolve a lot of the little bugs and glitches. As a total non profit website, and the fact I do not want members to have to pay any more than a token donation, the plan is to just keep knocking off the rough edges.

Return to “Forum Announcements, Suggestions, And User Issues”