Blaser B2 Riflescope

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

MM
Meister der jagd

Blaser B2 Riflescope

Post by MM »

When I was at the SCI show I saw the B2 scopes at the Blaser display. I like the size of the 2-12x50 and it can be had in a rail version for a little less than $2000. Does anybody have any experience with these scopes? How is the optical quality vs. Zeiss or Swaro? Any intel would be greatly appreciated, because I have not been able to find any objective information about them.
Matt

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Re: Blaser B2 Riflescope

Post by Gamsjagd »

They are a reasonably priced Minox, maybe Minox Plus -P

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

I was told they are made by Blaser not another scope manufacturer. I have never seen a Minox so I have no basis for comparison. How does a Minox compare to a Zeiss HT or a Swaro Z8 ?

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

Blaser owns Minox. They are made in the same plant.

Minox is an old company, Blaser bought them a few years ago so they could have a one stop shop where a hunter can buy the entire rifle, scope combo with their name on it. They also make silencers. Of course clothing, boots, underoos, and a onsie for your toddler.

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

The most high end FFP tacticool Minox is the equal of Schmidt and Bender PM2. They are over 3000 Euros.

I think price to price point they are probably comparable.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

I don’t know who makes them but they are bloody nice. I’ve only ever used one, which belongs to a mate, and he has only owned it a month.

From that limited experience I rate them at least equal to anything else on the market .
IMG_6342.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beretta682e

Post by Beretta682e »

I love my blaser original B1 2.8-20x 50mm scope. It’s my favorite scope on par with my z6 in glass quality and a better reticle and turret system (once you figure it out).

I looked at both the Minox allrounder and B2 scope at sci. I like them both will be eventually getting them. But euro optics had some s&b for $1100 and so picked those up a few last fall. Kind of loaded on scopes looking for new k95 barrels :-)

Mike

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

Mike
How does the B1 2.8-20x compare size wise to the Z6 or Z8, especially on a K95?
I have a couple K95 barrels I would consider parting with ( I have way too many).
Matt

Beretta682e

Post by Beretta682e »

Matt:

On the K95 I normally use a Z5 scope. I like the one inch scopes on K95. My B1 is permanently attached to my R8 300 Norma mag barrel.

I have K95 barrels in 6.5 cm, 270, 308 and 30/06.

Blaser was building me a 9.3x74 custom K95 but I have given up hope on ever getting that one made.

Mike

Beretta682e

Post by Beretta682e »

Matt:

My issue with high end scopes like Blaser B1 and B2 and Swarovski Ds is that they are very tied to one particular bullet and load. But once you get the bullet and load set up they are awesome; I just like to shoot my K95 a lot and often I shoot whatever factory ammo I pick up at Academy on the way to the range. I like simple scopes with easy adjustments like the Z5 for the K95. I also don’t hunt with my K95 in low light.

Mike

Olsen

Post by Olsen »

I have the B2 2-12x50 now, and its great. I had Leica, Zeiss, Swarovski, and cant see any different. The B2 is shot and not as big as other in same zoom range :)
Olsen

Blaser R8 Proff Succes .308 win - 9,3x62

2 shots in the same hole is often luck......3 in the same hole is using Olsens shooting stick....

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”