Wood stock care

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

ajamils1

Wood stock care

Post by ajamils1 »

I was recently introduced to boiled linseed oil and I've been loving putting it on all my wood stock guns and seeing them looking like new. After doing couple of coats, wood looks darker and clean but it stays matte. I would prefer a little shine on it. So I was looking at other options and I've seen Renaissance Wax, Kramer's Best antique improver and even just plain wood wax (on top of Linseed treatment) as suggestions.

I would like to know what do please here prefer? Also, what's the deal with Ballistol? That's another new thing that I came across on various forums and it's considered to be best thing since slice bread. I'm planning to get a can for treating barrels and rubber buttstock.

slugslinger

Re: Wood stock care

Post by slugslinger »

I have been using Renaissance Wax for years. It seems to protect the wood well, and not change the color significantly.

Regards,
NRA Patriot Life Endowment Member
USAF Veteran

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

I confess to being boring these days and buy Blasers mix of wax/resins. Wipe it on, let it dry/set, and then buff it off using 000 and 0000 steelwool. Works on Browning shotgun stocks too....
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

I'm just rubbing in slippery dicks clear wax then haaad buffing it with a clear cloth

Return to “Open discussion”