Zeiss HT?

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

Twinn

Zeiss HT?

Post by Twinn »

Has anyone moore than me noticed on the Zeiss ht series that the red illuminated dot aint in the center of the reticle? Checked 4-5 zeisses, different models also. Find it a little disturbing...

thechamp
Administrator

Re: Zeiss HT?

Post by thechamp »

Interesting because the ones I've seen were in the center. Hopefully the one that's on it's way here will be in the center or it might well be finding it's way back to Zeiss.

Twinn

Post by Twinn »

When i was checking it a friend of mine was joining me, he also noticed it wasnt in the center. I will continue check the zeiss ht if i can see of the illumination aint in the center of the rectile.
The illumination was a little bit to left of the center.
Is it a illusion i se or is it wrong with optics?

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Twinn wrote:When i was checking it a friend of mine was joining me, he also noticed it wasnt in the center. I will continue check the zeiss ht if i can see of the illumination aint in the center of the rectile.
The illumination was a little bit to left of the center.
Is it a illusion i se or is it wrong with optics?
Could be either or both. Depends on how the scope was set with the focus too. Lots of things can look out of whack till everything is in tune with your eyes. I received a call earlier advising that mine would be here within a week or two.... :dance:

Zboneee

Post by Zboneee »

I have two Victory HT scopes. One is a 1.5-6x42 and the other is 2.5-10x50. The illuminated dot is dead center on both of mine.

icebug
Meister der jagd

Post by icebug »

I've seen a picture of a reticle with a red dot not positioned in the center, but a bit to the left.
It was a Duralyt model I think. Can't find the picture now, but if I do I'll post it here.
Therefore, If Zeiss had that issue before, it could happen again, but it really shouldn't happen to a brand like Zeiss :naughty:
All for one and 9.3 for all
https://youtu.be/8r-e2NDSTuE

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

Icebug, it should not happen, but I have heard that Story quite more often about not centered red dot, dust in the scopes and not working reticle adjustment and I made my own disappointing experience with Zeiss waranty Center... NEVER AGAIN :violin:
life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.com

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Zboneee wrote:I have two Victory HT scopes. One is a 1.5-6x42 and the other is 2.5-10x50. The illuminated dot is dead center on both of mine.
Ditto !!

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

My new Victory HT rail mount 3-12x56 arrived on Monday. Couldn't wait to put a battery in it and see where the red dot was. It certainly appears to be dead center in mine. :P :lol: Now if the corn would just mature so I could get my range back I'd be even happier....

Good looking scope btw. A tad larger than the Z6 2-12x50 but not much. Bell is obviously a little bigger but it should look good on the Blaser. :dance:

Twinn

Post by Twinn »

Ok. Yes agree it was knifeedgesharp optics. I hope the problem i had when watching the ht was an illusion.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Twinn wrote:Ok. Yes agree it was knifeedgesharp optics. I hope the problem i had when watching the ht was an illusion.

From what I've seen in the Swarovskis and now see it in the Zeiss as well is they need to be in focus with your eye 100% or the red dot is distorted. I've found that if the red dot in the Swarovskis is perfect in appearance, (nice and clean - no ragged edges to the dot) the focus is good for all distances with you having to only adjust the parallax after attaining that initial setting.

Since we're on the topic of misaligned red dots I had a good friend who had an IOR a while back that was so out of whack it was almost laughable. He was very unhappy with IOR's service center here in the USA. Appears the gentleman he dealt with not only was rude but blamed any and all problems with the scopes on the buyer. Good enough reason or me to never buy an IOR.

The Zeiss looks good but until I see it outperform the Swarovskis in low light I'm not ready to say they're better than the Swarovski scopes. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will based on the feedback. :pray:

Twinn

Post by Twinn »

I want to hear your opinion when you have tested your ht against a swarowski wich one you prefer.

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Zboneee wrote:I have two Victory HT scopes. One is a 1.5-6x42 and the other is 2.5-10x50.

Have the same on order, cant wait to try them out. :dance: ;)

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Just picked up my 2.5-10x50 and my illuminated dot is dead centre. :D ;)

Twinn

Post by Twinn »

I have checked 4 ht more and i realized it was very sensitive of beeing in line with the optics. But one more thing i hqve seen it aint crisp sharp optics at the edges.

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”