New Swarovski Product

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

New Swarovski Product

Post by ebrownw2 »

The world’s finest binocular is now being offered in a 32mm version. They will begin shipping next month, May 2021. Below is a link to the fact sheet. Email me at ebrownw2@gmail.com for more information.

Eddie

https://image.so.swarovskioptik.com/lib ... 20aca7.pdf

Corjack
Administrator

Re: New Swarovski Product

Post by Corjack »

8X32s are my favorite using binos.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Damn. There goes some money :lol:

Glad I didn't weaken and get the ELs. :)

sjs52

Post by sjs52 »

I placed an order with Eddie last night for a pair of 10x42 PURE!

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

You won't be disappointed :handgestures-thumbup:

After spending a bit of time with my 10x42 NLs, I can recommend the forehead rest. It needs bit of thoughtful use to see the benefit, but it definitely provides greater image stability that the usual tricks. Only downside is that with the rest attached, they are a bit untidier around the neck, and won't fit in most chest packs. Also worth noting that adjustment of the interpupilary distance is best attempted with the FRP removed.

I now, thanks to Eddie's enabling post :lol: , also have the 8 x32 NL.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

secondtry wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:43 pm You won't be disappointed :handgestures-thumbup:

After spending a bit of time with my 10x42 NLs, I can recommend the forehead rest. It needs bit of thoughtful use to see the benefit, but it definitely provides greater image stability that the usual tricks. Only downside is that with the rest attached, they are a bit untidier around the neck, and won't fit in most chest packs. Also worth noting that adjustment of the interpupilary distance is best attempted with the FRP removed.

Love that forehead rest, what a great Idea.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

secondtry wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:43 pm You won't be disappointed :handgestures-thumbup:

We have another pair of Swaro binos at the shop for you Iain. :handgestures-thumbup:

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

TheoR8 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:09 am We have another pair of Swaro binos at the shop for you Iain. :handgestures-thumbup:
Thanks for the thought Theo, but I'm right for now. :D

That is unlikely to change unless I should unexpectedly have a need for built in RF.

blaser270wbymag

Post by blaser270wbymag »

Please share some comments of the new 10x42 Pure vs the 10x50mm ELs, I find the 10x50mm the top binos out there, cant figure out what could be better with the Pure....

Now all my binos are 50mm+

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

Well, for the guys in Europe: I also have the 32´s in stock:

https://www.titanium-gunworks.com/hunti ... k/nl-pure/

blaser270wbymag wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:45 pm Please share some comments of the new 10x42 Pure vs the 10x50mm ELs, I find the 10x50mm the top binos out there, cant figure out what could be better with the Pure....

Now all my binos are 50mm+
The NL Pure is much more brilliant and has a much bigger field of view (about +20%). The contrast is higher and the "grain" in nighttimes is much smaller. I compared them a lot before making my own decision to have a NL Pure over my "old" EL´s - it was absolutely stunning to see how much more brilliant the NL ´s are. I use my NL pure 8x42 also fur nighttime hunting on wild boars - no problem. While testing and comparing them, I found out to have some roe deers in front of me during nighttime. I was not able to see them with the EL8,5x42 but I clearly saw them with the NL 8x42...

There is no need for a 50 mm NL Pure from my point of view. You could do all with the 42mm
life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.com

blaser270wbymag

Post by blaser270wbymag »

Incredible, I can't imagine how they could improve the EL....

I got the Zeiss Victory HT 10x54mm, it's like night vision without batteries...

I'd like to know if the Pure outperforms it the Zeiss HT 54mm in dark conditions

And hope they sell the NL 50mm soon !

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

No matter how good the x42 NL Pure is, it simply will not run with a 50mm EL in very bad to no light, and a 54mm will absolutely blitz the NL 42mm in bad light or darkness. Optics 101. Much bigger exit pupil with a bigger objective. If magnification and quality are the same, it cannot be otherwise.

The NL works so well because of the FOV, the ability to hold it more steadily (without a tripod) and the optical performance. Swaro has also improved a few of the details over the EL. The optics are excellent, but it's the whole package that makes the NL so good.

I particularly like that the field of view of my 10x42 NL is near enough to the same as the FOV of my 8x42 HTs. Narrowing field of view always turned me away from anything more than 8x42 in the past.

Robert.M

Post by Robert.M »

Anyone campared NL Pure and El Range TA?

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

Glass isvbetter in the NL, but not by much.

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

secondtry wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:56 pm No matter how good the x42 NL Pure is, it simply will not run with a 50mm EL in very bad to no light, and a 54mm will absolutely blitz the NL 42mm in bad light or darkness. Optics 101. Much bigger exit pupil with a bigger objective. If magnification and quality are the same, it cannot be otherwise.
I am a huge fan of bigger objective lenses. They can really carry a lot of dead weight.

I have a pair of 8x56 $500-600 Minox, they don't make this model anymore. They are really amazing compared to a similarly priced pair of 10x50's.

Of course I also have a pair of 12x50 Swarovski EL's I got from Eddie. As these are top end glass, they kind of blow both of my 10x50's and 8x56's out of the water.

I would imagine that the 12x50 EL's will beat the 12x42 NL Pures by a long shot.

My next bino purchase will be the Leica Geovid 8x56 2700 unless someone comes up with a better 8x56 option.

I want to try the Blaser 8x56, as it has the same Abbe Koenig prisms.

As I have really poor vision and coke bottle glasses, I am limited to what binoculars I can use.

Most of the time I can use a 8x42, I can almost always use a 10x56 or 8x56 but it does depend on eye relief. I need 20mm. Some 10x50's, 12x50's, 15x56's, 18x56's and 20x56's work. The Zeiss 20x60 IS work. The only 10x42's that work are the NL's.

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”