Talk me out of a K95...

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

Erniep123

Re: Talk me out of a K95...

Post by Erniep123 »

Dinger wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:31 am
I’m also in the same boat don’t need talking out of one, the caliber is the only question haha was set on a 6.5 creed but thinking I’d like a sambar legal round so will probably head down the 7x65r path
I just happen to have a 7x65R tube on order!.....fingers crossed I can contribute a nice Alpine Sambar to the 'What no one has pulled the trigger this month Get out there' thread before next season is over.
Please share pics if you do!

Wsm hunter

Post by Wsm hunter »

I’m also in the same boat don’t need talking out of one, the caliber is the only question haha was set on a 6.5 creed but thinking I’d like a sambar legal round so will probably head down the 7x65r path
I just happen to have a 7x65R tube on order!.....fingers crossed I can contribute a nice Alpine Sambar to the 'What no one has pulled the trigger this month Get out there' thread before next season is over.
How long have they said the new barrel will take? Will have to suss the local out to chase a price down I think.

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

Wsm hunter wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:15 am
How long have they said the new barrel will take? Will have to suss the local out to chase a price down I think.
I've been quoted 6months on a new k95 and 2nd barrel, ordered it today, so will see how long it takes

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Well, at least it wasn’t three!
Robert J Stokes

Dinger

Post by Dinger »

Six months if I'm lucky, up to 12 months.... I think I ordered it two months ago. Hopefully I'll have in time for a backpack hunt after the snow melts.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Dinger wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:54 am

Six months if I'm lucky, up to 12 months.... I think I ordered it two months ago. Hopefully I'll have in time for a backpack hunt after the snow melts.
Same boat as me then, I just hope I don't forget that I ordered it. 😅
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Wsm hunter

Post by Wsm hunter »

Dinger wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:54 am

Yeah righto the wait times don’t seem to be too bad but I know that they can stretch out for a while at times cheers guys

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Due to Covid 19 nothing is guaranteed. If Covid hits Germany hard again, they will shutdown down everything again. Swarovski/Kahles have been shutdown for weeks, real PITA. :handgestures-thumbup:

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

TheoR8 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:57 pm Due to Covid 19 nothing is guaranteed. If Covid hits Germany hard again, they will shutdown down everything again. Swarovski/Kahles have been shutdown for weeks, real PITA. :handgestures-thumbup:
Glad then that I bought my Swaro NLs from the first shipment, instead of getting clever and waiting until 2021 (or whenever, apparently)

Erniep123

Post by Erniep123 »

Got my Z8i just in time 😁

Dinger

Post by Dinger »

Update for those interested.

I ordered a K95 barrel 2/10/20 and got notification last week to pick it up. About 6 months to get a barrel in Australia.

Date of manufacture on the barrel is 2020.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

That's the same date as on mine.
So I guess they must be pumping them out to order, any older stock must be long gone.

Dinger

Post by Dinger »

Right...I was wondering if they ran a batch late last year for export or if it just took that long to grab them off the shelf at Blaser HQ.

How was the fit? My barrel was a snug fit to say the least.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Dinger wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:24 am Right...I was wondering if they ran a batch late last year for export or if it just took that long to grab them off the shelf at Blaser HQ.

How was the fit? My barrel was a snug fit to say the least.
Too snug to fit, so 10min with a diamond file and it's just a hair more snug then my 30/06 barrel.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”