Alternate method for S2 Safari Vertical Regulation

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

Thorbrandr

Re: Alternate method for S2 Safari Vertical Regulation

Post by Thorbrandr »

mchughcb wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:17 am
I feel your pain buddy. That's why it took me weeks to work out how much to adjust. Once we got them within about 3 inches at 200m I said that's all I"m going to spend doing this. Chest shot on a deer with either barrel should be fine.
Amen. The ability to dial this thing in is a blessing, and a total PITA all at once. I am looking for property where I will have a shop and can shoot.

Took an afternoon off yesterday to head to the range. Elevation was MUCH better after the last adjustment, started dialing in the convergence - they were finally printing with the right barrel on the right after some barrel adjustment. Got to 1" horizontal separation with about 5/8" elevation offset on the last pair (right high) @50 yards.

Then my middle finger met the trigger guard. The available blocks at the range were short. My hold was not ideal; I had to ride up on the trigger hand. Didn't notice it much at first, until the swelling was bad enough that I fumbled the next load. Went back today after the swelling in the finger went down. Was almost there, horizontal almost perfect, then the front clamp came loose. Left barrel drifted back to printing as high as when I first started this process. :roll:

Good news is with the timing rods, I can reset the barrels to the previous adjustment easily. Also got a better T20 wrench to allow a bit more torque. Also have some higher grade screws coming in.

The process continues....

T

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”