New (to me) Toys

All handgun subjects may be discussed here. Sponsored by Canovi & Associates Survival Training.

Moderator: pagosawingnut

Rod
Meister der jagd

New (to me) Toys

Post by Rod »

IMG_0798.JPG
Well I picked up a couple of new toys the other week. My first handgun purchases in over 10 years.

I've been toying with the idea of getting another 1911 for years...but for a couple of reasons I kept talking myself out of it.. then I did it. A very nice Springfield 1911 in 9mm. Would have preferred a .45 but the licensing bull manure and I guess the cost of factory ammo dictated it was going to be 9mm.

Stripped her the other night. 15 minutes to disassemble and clean throughly....and almost and not quiet 1 hour to reassemble. :lol: :lol: Thank heavens for YouTube. This baby is no standard Government 1911 like I used to own 20 years ago.

Anyway, I'll start leaving the Glock in the safe for a while and see if I can transition back over to the 1911 ??

I also picked up...a Ruger Redhawk in 357Mag. I always thought they only came in 44 magnum until I saw this one. I have had limited experience with the Redhawk in 44 mag but that was back in the 80's. Didn't think too much of it back then. But I'm a S&W man in the revolvers :dance: :dance: and compaed to my 629, 66 and model 10 it was rough.

Anyway this 357mag has had a trigger job (double action only) and it is as smooth as any S&W trigger I've tried. So..time will tell.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Re: New (to me) Toys

Post by TheoR8 »

Very nice mate. :clap: :handgestures-thumbup:

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Nice pick up
Are you going to give the .357 a go on the steel tomorrow?

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Has that ruger had the hammer shaved?
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I have multiple 1911s in several calibers, 45, 38 Super, and 9mm and .22 LR. My Wilson Combat 9mm is my favorite and the one I carry most often. I've killed several deer, javelina, and wild boar with he 45s and it isn't an emphatic killer, most likely a 100 yard tracking job. The javelina I've shot with my 9mm actually died quicker than the 45. So, I think you will be happy with the 9mm.
Robert J Stokes

Return to “Handguns”