What Handguns Do You Own

All handgun subjects may be discussed here. Sponsored by Canovi & Associates Survival Training.

Moderator: pagosawingnut

HunterAU
Meister der jagd

Re: What Handguns Do You Own

Post by HunterAU »

Again you guys are lucky.. I had my Hand Gun license here in Australia but it was too hard to keep it. We can only transport our hand guns to the club and then home and we cant hunt with our hand guns. To keep the license we must attend the range min 12 times a year and we must participate in competition.

Personally i would prefer to go hunting then spend my day at the range. And if i cant take my hand gun out for a hunt then whats the point..! :cry: So i handed it in. :cry:
Shoot First, measure them later.
:violence-snipersmiley:

retrieverman
Meister der jagd

Post by retrieverman »

HunterAU wrote:Again you guys are lucky.. I had my Hand Gun license here in Australia but it was too hard to keep it. We can only transport our hand guns to the club and then home and we cant hunt with our hand guns. To keep the license we must attend the range min 12 times a year and we must participate in competition.

Personally i would prefer to go hunting then spend my day at the range. And if i cant take my hand gun out for a hunt then whats the point..! :cry: So i handed it in. :cry:
I agree. It sounds like more trouble than it is worth to own a handgun there. :roll:

HunterAU
Meister der jagd

Post by HunterAU »

I would love to have one or two or 20 but our laws are too strict.. Not happy.. i should move to the US :P
Shoot First, measure them later.
:violence-snipersmiley:

Olsen

Post by Olsen »

HunterAU wrote:I would love to have one or two or 20 but our laws are too strict.. Not happy.. i should move to the US :P
I´m comming with you, maybe we can stay by Retriverman for just a few month ;)

Handgun here is just like you told, too much paperwork and no where to shoot it......

Not even the police use the one they carrie, and if they do, they have to fill out paper for two days :(
Olsen

Blaser R8 Proff Succes .308 win - 9,3x62

2 shots in the same hole is often luck......3 in the same hole is using Olsens shooting stick....

Blaserman

Post by Blaserman »

I am a Dan Wesson Collector. I prefer the Super mags I have 8 in diffrent calibers.
Also a Browning High Power

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Blaserman wrote:I am a Dan Wesson Collector. I prefer the Super mags I have 8 in diffrent calibers.
Also a Browning High Power
One of the first handguns I ever owned was a Dan Wesson 357 6 inch barrel then I got a 22 lr to match it. They made a nice pair. They made a few in 32 H&R magnum, I would love to have one with a 4 inch barrel in that caliber.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

chriso

Post by chriso »

I used to be into the Grizzly LAR things for my "fishing" guns. (Big enough to hep out with a bear problem, small enough to carry on your person so you'll have it when you need it!) Problem was, at 4.5 lbs, they wound up left in the glovebox or backpack rather than on my person... so what good were they really, other than great fun to shoot. Last summer we had some secret service guys here in Alaska whenever Sarah Palin was visiting home, I let some of them shoot the .50 AE and they had a ball!

Anyway, now I've been gavitationg towards the Rowland .460 in a Wilson Hunter, its a fair bit less poisen than the .50Ae or the .45 Winmag, but its a lot more compact and lighter. I have always carried (off and on that is) a 10mm with the Doubletap hardcasts, but compared to the Rowland or the Wingmags it leaves a lot to be desired.

NE450No2
Meister der jagd

Post by NE450No2 »

Why not just get a S&W Mountain Gun in 44 Mag????

I would like to have a Wilson 460 Rowland, as my favorite handgun is a 1911, and my favorite handgun cartridge is the 44 Mag...

But at over $3000.00.... :o :o :shock: :shock:

I also like the ability to have Speer shotshells quickly avialable, much more quickly done in the revolver...

Still a Wilson 460R is the ultimate in a "handy" semiauto.

chriso

Post by chriso »

NE450No2 wrote:Why not just get a S&W Mountain Gun in 44 Mag????
I would like to have a Wilson 460 Rowland, as my favorite handgun is a 1911, and my favorite handgun cartridge is the 44 Mag...
But at over $3000.00.... :o :o :shock: :shock:
I also like the ability to have Speer shotshells quickly avialable, much more quickly done in the revolver...
Still a Wilson 460R is the ultimate in a "handy" semiauto.
Well... I missread and thought the original post was about what handguns we "wanted to get"? :oops: :oops: :oops:
Wheelguns are nice, and I actually "accidently" bought another one up today... but a 1911 just carries cleaner and is less obtrusive for my "figure" (that'd be "round") :o

You have a good point about the shotshells, but have you actually used them successfully for anything? I've often wondered how effective they truly would be. For a survival situation up here, I'd rather shoot a bunny or bird in the head than try taking one with a shotshell (I think)
I've got a .460 rowland in a Smith and Wesson M&P .45 converted, and its pretty cool, but I'd still rather carry my 10mm 1911... so will have to watch for a good deal on a Wilson I think! Aint it cool that we cant seem to run out of guns to wish for!

a pair of Wilson CQB 10mm's
Smith and Wessons: 610 in 10mm, 3 of the "J" frame stainless .257 mags, one scandium "J" frame .357 mag, one M&P .45 converted to .460 rowland, 629 in .44 mag, airlite .22 wheelgun
Rugers: buckeye blackhawk in 10mm, super blackhawk in .44 mag
Glock 20 and 20 in 10mm
Yost/Springfield LW commander in 10mm (on order)

NE450No2
Meister der jagd

Post by NE450No2 »

Since a 1911 is my favorite handgun, if I had the $$$$ I would get a Wilson 460 Rowland as I know they can do it right.

I agree with how slickly the 1911's carry.

In regards to the Seer shotshells in 44 Mag I have taken quite a lot of game and snakes with them as well.
Grouse, ptarmingin[sp?], rabbits, squirrel, dove, quail. They work GREAT.

Actually I have taken grouse rabbits squirrel, and snakes, with Speer Shotshels in 45 ACP as well. They work very good as well.

I never go "in the field" without Speer shotshells for my handgun.

I have used them in Texas, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, California, and Zimbabwe.

Brew

Post by Brew »

chriso

Post by chriso »

NE450No2 wrote:Since a 1911 is my favorite handgun, if I had the $$$$ I would get a Wilson 460 Rowland as I know they can do it right.

I agree with how slickly the 1911's carry.

In regards to the Seer shotshells in 44 Mag I have taken quite a lot of game and snakes with them as well.
Grouse, ptarmingin[sp?], rabbits, squirrel, dove, quail. They work GREAT.

Actually I have taken grouse rabbits squirrel, and snakes, with Speer Shotshels in 45 ACP as well. They work very good as well.

I never go "in the field" without Speer shotshells for my handgun.

I have used them in Texas, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, California, and Zimbabwe.
I love it that Im not the only fellow who has trouble with that ptarmingin[sp?], thing!!! :lol:

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Brew wrote:Image

Nice collection! Looks like some of those are Kimbers?

Always like that 'old style' revolver from yesterday.

Zboneee

Post by Zboneee »

My handguns:

22 LR: S&W Kit Gun, Colt 1911 conversion unit
38 Special: Colt Cobra, Colt Diamondback
9mm: Glock 17, Walther P1, Mauser Broomhandle
357 SIG: Glock 32, Glock 33
357 Magnum: Colt Trooper Mk III, Colt Python
44 Magnum: Ruger Super Blackhawk, S&W 629 Classic
45 ACP: Colt Gold Cup Series 70

I think I have the bases covered. :D

NE450No2
Meister der jagd

Post by NE450No2 »

Chriso :D

I can say that them pt...... birds are very good to eat, as are mountain grouse, and african guiena foul.

Return to “Handguns”