The world has gone nuts

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

Vaughan

The world has gone nuts

Post by Vaughan »

Was at my local gun shop this morning to pick up a bunch of sporting clays and practice ammo for my 20ga. Was checking for rifle reloading primers and powders. Got what I needed (some Viht powder) but I mentioned that his shelves looked a bit bare.

Zero Norma powder. Nada. Not a grain. In a gun store in Sweden :shock: said they were making as much as they could and it was all being shipped to the US and he had been informed, when he tried to order, "not before November"... Worse, an arms dealer he does business with had recently contacted him asking that if he had any powder or components in store the dealer would buy them, paying over retail price, have it shipped to Belgium, where it was to be collected from different small dealers - and shipped to the US. :doh:

I have enough stuff to keep me going and I know you guys have a lot of guns - but the rest of us like to have a go now and again too... :roll:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Re: The world has gone nuts

Post by SPEEDY »

I saw this coming, I bought 6kg of Reloader 17 for my 30/06 and 9.3x74R, 1000 large rifle primers, 2lbs of lilgun and another 1000 primers for my hornet.

That should give me 1000 rounds for the hornet and 500 of both the 9.3 and 30/06.

That should get me through this, good thing I put 25,000 rounds of 22lr aside to a few years ago.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Yeah, I'm thinking I should go back a get a bit more N550. I'm sure my hoarding wont contribute to the problem at all....πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

When others hord, you have no choice but to hord too. 😩

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

SPEEDY wrote: ↑Tue May 11, 2021 7:07 am When others hord, you have no choice but to hord too. 😩
True. Pass the dunny roll..... :lol:

I'm still trying to get my head around the idea that someone could buy small amounts at over retail HERE, consolidate all of that in another country, ship to the U.S and sell it on there and still make money :o

I can't buy powder or stuff like that but usually I can buy metal items for reloading in the US, pay shipping, pay 25% import tax plus fees and still save money... I'm happy I bought in a great hoard of bullets last fall/early winter - I'll be shooting moose for another 60 years on that lot :lol:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

There is a world wide shortage on everything.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

It's not just us.

Iron ore and timber prices are way up because of demand.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Welcome to the new green deal.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

mchughcb wrote: ↑Tue May 11, 2021 6:13 pm Welcome to the new green deal.
Yes, people want green energy ect, then they bitch about shortages of the very things the were bitching about to begin with.
Bloody idiots.
Vaughan wrote: ↑Tue May 11, 2021 7:46 am
SPEEDY wrote: ↑Tue May 11, 2021 7:07 am When others hord, you have no choice but to hord too. 😩
True. Pass the dunny roll..... :lol:

I'm still trying to get my head around the idea that someone could buy small amounts at over retail HERE, consolidate all of that in another country, ship to the U.S and sell it on there and still make money :o

I can't buy powder or stuff like that but usually I can buy metal items for reloading in the US, pay shipping, pay 25% import tax plus fees and still save money... I'm happy I bought in a great hoard of bullets last fall/early winter - I'll be shooting moose for another 60 years on that lot :lol:
I'm just glad I still have that 1000 projectiles I bought many years ago. πŸ‘

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

SPEEDY wrote: ↑Tue May 11, 2021 6:23 pm I'm just glad I still have that 1000 projectiles I bought many years ago. πŸ‘
:lol: :lol: :lol:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

It has gone nuts, I just placed a $300k Fiocchi ammo order and the order acknowledgement said it would not be shipped until June 2022.
Robert J Stokes

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

stokesrj wrote: ↑Wed May 12, 2021 8:23 pm It has gone nuts, I just placed a $300k Fiocchi ammo order and the order acknowledgement said it would not be shipped until June 2022.
Hmm, I'd better go back and buy those extra cases of practice ammo before they pack it up and ship it to Arizona..... :doh: :lol:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

stokesrj wrote: ↑Wed May 12, 2021 8:23 pm It has gone nuts, I just placed a $300k Fiocchi ammo order and the order acknowledgement said it would not be shipped until June 2022.
Damn, you really are shooting a lot more these days ain't you. 🀣
Vaughan wrote: ↑Tue May 11, 2021 11:58 pm
SPEEDY wrote: ↑Tue May 11, 2021 6:23 pm I'm just glad I still have that 1000 projectiles I bought many years ago. πŸ‘
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hmmm, well to be honest buy is actually a strong word to use, followed a mate home from work and found a home with me could be another way to word it. :whistle:

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Worldwide shortages and fucksticks still want everything for free. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :handgestures-thumbup:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

We're short on everything, even fish hooks, it's a combination of Covid-19 shut down causing a backlog and people just going nutts hoarding.

Especially all our American friends in regards to guns and ammunition, 1st during Covid-19 and then you all cleaned out the rest when Biden got in.

Then again if I was in your shoes then I would be too, that 2nd amendment won't protect the 1st if you run out of feed for all the guns that Biden wants to take off of you.

Return to β€œReloading”