Covid 19

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

charles416mag

Re: Covid 19

Post by charles416mag »

Thoughts and prayers to you and your families, Ed and Vaughn. Ed, I am very close to my father in law as well. I’m sure it’s not easy losing a good friend and second dad. Wish you all well.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Condolences to both Ed and Vaughan and your families. This has been an ordeal for everyone and it doesn't care who you are. Cherish your memories for in the end that's all we have left when those around us have to leave. As many of you know already they leave a hole that can't be filled and will be there till we leave. All part of life.

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

Ed and Vaughan, I am sad to hear of your loss.

shoots100

Post by shoots100 »

Well, it was bound to happen and it did.
Was going in for a endoscopy wed 10/21, so I had to take a PCR covid test last Thursday.
Had two coworkers test + last week, so I took a rapid test last Friday and it came back negative.
Yesterday my PCR test came back positive with punctuation.
I was feeling a little stuffy headed, but I've been working my tail off almost 16 hours a day in and out of multiple worksites, in all sorts of weather, so I figured it was my usual fatigue/weather inspired head cold.
One day of Nyquil and a mucinex and I was good to go.
I'm asymptomatic, as I don't feel any worse for wear and worked all day till I found out the results.
Company policy is 2 weeks quarantine.
Waiting for the wife's results to come back and if negative, I'll be heading upstate to do some quarantine hunting I guess, as I can't sit around looking on the computer, spending money I've already spent.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Sorry to hear that. Hope you stay well! A bit of quarantine hunting sounds the go :-)

FWIW, I had relatively little trouble when I got it back in March/April and I'm pretty much back up to speed strength and energy wise since August. But my wife who is both younger and a lot fitter than me got whacked by it. She has ongoing respiratory and inflammatory issues even now. Point being, ignore all the nonsense in the news and take good care of yourself and those around you, it can do a lot of damage if you happen to be one of the unlucky ones.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

shoots100 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:53 am Well, it was bound to happen and it did.
Was going in for a endoscopy wed 10/21, so I had to take a PCR covid test last Thursday.
Had two coworkers test + last week, so I took a rapid test last Friday and it came back negative.
Yesterday my PCR test came back positive with punctuation.
I was feeling a little stuffy headed, but I've been working my tail off almost 16 hours a day in and out of multiple worksites, in all sorts of weather, so I figured it was my usual fatigue/weather inspired head cold.
One day of Nyquil and a mucinex and I was good to go.
I'm asymptomatic, as I don't feel any worse for wear and worked all day till I found out the results.
Company policy is 2 weeks quarantine.
Waiting for the wife's results to come back and if negative, I'll be heading upstate to do some quarantine hunting I guess, as I can't sit around looking on the computer, spending money I've already spent.
Take it easy and get it behind you. Try to enjoy your quarantine as much as possible. Hope the other half is negative.

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

Vaughan, Certainly hope your wife feels better soon and you stay well.

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

Shoots100, I hope you continue to be ok and your wife’s test is negative.

shoots100

Post by shoots100 »

Thanks, my wife's test came back negative and I just finished packing.
I'm looking forward to some fresh air and stars.
Only thing that sucks is, I'm going to be alone.
Not taking my dog shadow, as I'm down to one dog now and he's going to be looking after my wife.
Going to be a long couple of days.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Good news! Hope you have any easy time with it. Take care of yourself :handgestures-thumbup:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

Well I got it. Day after Christmas one of my employees notified me they tested positive. I had a slight runny nose but got tested immediately and turned up positive. First seven days no big deal, I felt fine just annoyed I had to quarantine, but then day 7 holy manure. I got hit hard with non stop cough and then trouble breathing. I had trouble having my doctor respond to me and got progressively worse. I finally got to see a new doctor and started taking zink, and some drugs to help with breathing. I am still not back to normal but out of danger. My wife also had it but much more mild than me. stay safe, but I cant see how it can be avoided.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Good to hear you're recovering. The breathing thing can be a real bear, so take it easy.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

WOW hope you both fully recover from this dreaded disease .
Stay safe ,
Thanks for sharing.
Last edited by sav338 on Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

shoots100

Post by shoots100 »

MM wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:51 am Well I got it. Day after Christmas one of my employees notified me they tested positive. I had a slight runny nose but got tested immediately and turned up positive. First seven days no big deal, I felt fine just annoyed I had to quarantine, but then day 7 holy manure. I got hit hard with non stop cough and then trouble breathing. I had trouble having my doctor respond to me and got progressively worse. I finally got to see a new doctor and started taking zink, and some drugs to help with breathing. I am still not back to normal but out of danger. My wife also had it but much more mild than me. stay safe, but I cant see how it can be avoided.
Hope you and your wife are doing better and as long as your breathing issues are stable, you'll beat it.
I had rash issues after seven days. Ended up taking two regimes of prednisone and zyrtec to beat it.
Was out of work for a month.
Keep the faith and you'll be fine in no time.

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

Thanks everyone. I am on the road to recovery. Prednisone and zinc seem to be working.

Return to “Open discussion”