Covid 19

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

SPEEDY

Re: Covid 19

Post by SPEEDY »

The worst was a guy in sheperton that had covid 19 and said on his Facebook ect that he didn't care, he was going to ignore it all and keep doing what he wanted and didn't care if he spreaded around the community.
What hope is there when there's this type of persons mentality in the community.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

SPEEDY wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:57 pm The worst was a guy in sheperton that had covid 19 and said on his Facebook ect that he didn't care, he was going to ignore it all and keep doing what he wanted and didn't care if he spreaded around the community.
What hope is there when there's this type of persons mentality in the community.
With the draconian powers available to our police via the fuhrer, it should be a snap to deal with that bloke, but what's the bet that absolutely nothing will happen ?

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Facebook jumped on him before vicpol even started to lift a finger.

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

Tomorrow my family will lay to rest Papa. Pronounced Paw-paw. My wife’s father. He was as healthy as any 72 year old could wish to be just 5 or 6 weeks ago. That is when we were in Colorado together on our annual escape the oppressive Oklahoma heat summer camping trip. He kept up with us all just fine on several hikes at 8500-10k feet altitude. He was a veteran of the United States Marine Corp, serving his country in Vietnam. He was a member of the Creek Nation by birth but never claimed it. “We are one nation under God” he would say. He was my elk hunting mentor. He had went to Colorado every elk season for 30 some odd years in a row at one point but had not been in 10 years when I married his baby girl. I got him back up there and his mentoring resulting in me killing two bulls on public land in our first three years hunting together. We went again last fall and mostly just drove around on my Ranger and told stories. His hips were bad, and an ankle was shot. It was just the two of us on that trip. For the first and last time. We never saw an elk but that was one of my best hunting trips. He treated me like his first born from the day I met him. A more selfless person I have never known. I am a better man today because of him.

He thought he had a “cold”. He did not go get tested for a week after his “cold” symptoms started. He was positive. My wife, his baby girl, was up there the next morning with hydrochloroquine, a z pack, the steriod breathing treatments, the zinc and vitamins and etc etc etc. But by that afternoon his Oxygen was down to 88, and she took him to the ER in Tulsa. After a 5 hour wait he was admitted. He was really struggling to breath by this time. Both lungs were full of fluid. He was on oxygen for a couple days, then they had to go to the mask, then they had to intubate him and put him on a breather, and then 19 days after being admitted, 12 days of which he was on a breather, and puttting up a gallant fight all the way, his heart could not take it anymore, and he was gone.

A lot of you guys are in that 60+ age bracket that is at such high risk. Please, please, please go get tested at the very first symptom. Do not think it is just a cold, or just your allergies. Go get tested. The sooner you are diagnosed the sooner you can get on treatments and the greater your chance of recovery will be. If you play the tough guy card, and call it a cold, for even a few days, you may end up like our Papa, gone too soon.

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

My Condolences Ed to you, your wife and family.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

Thanks, Dan. Please learn from Papa’s story and be vigilant in your symptoms watch. As with most diseases, early detection makes all the difference.

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

ebrownw2 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:40 pm Thanks, Dan. Please learn from Papa’s story and be vigilant in your symptoms watch. As with most diseases, early detection makes all the difference.
I broke my wrist this summer, playing PickleBall, and had to have surgery. They put a titanium screw in it. Anyway, I also had to get tested before the surgery. I appreciate your concern, thanks. My wife has Breast Cancer so we are very diligent about things and I've had two friends die within the last month die from it.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

shoots100

Post by shoots100 »

Sorry to hear about your father in law passing.
Semper Fi to the end.
Your family are in my families prayers.
Now the torch has been passed to you.
Make him proud.

SJC

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

Please accept my condolences to you and your family.
Soo sad 😞

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

So Sorry to hear of your lost. Condolences to you and your wife's family.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

My condolences to your family as well. We buried my father in law soon after he became infected back in May. He was frail to begin with but even so, had not been in a hurry to leave us. It is a difficult time for folks and the thoughtless politicised BS is not helpful.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Very sorry to hear this news Ed.
Take good care of yourself and your family.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

Condolences to both Ed and Vaughan. This COVID virus is a true psychopath. It's also taken the life of one of my receptionist's grandfather in law. It is a tough and lonely death without family present to support the dying.....
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Condolences, it never should have been allowed to happen to begin with.

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

Vaughan wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:23 am My condolences to your family as well. We buried my father in law soon after he became infected back in May. He was frail to begin with but even so, had not been in a hurry to leave us. It is a difficult time for folks and the thoughtless politicised BS is not helpful.
please accept my condolences to you and your family.
This is a insidious disease.

Return to “Open discussion”