HUNTING CHARGES DROPPED IN AIRBOAT CASE in OZ

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

HUNTING CHARGES DROPPED IN AIRBOAT CASE in OZ

Post by Joe338ST »

Found it strange that 2 people out hunting in a boat for ducks can get charged for disturbing birds.... :doh: :doh: :doh:

GMA charged the hunter with hunting from a boat, assisting hunting from a boat, disturbing wildlife and not wearing a life vest.

The two hunting charges were dropped and the hunter was fined $5000 after pleading guilty to the remaining charges

I know it was an air boat but really?

https://ssaavic.com.au/hunting-charges- ... boat-case/
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

SPEEDY

Re: HUNTING CHARGES DROPPED IN AIRBOAT CASE in OZ

Post by SPEEDY »

5k is a big fine, it should be a learning experience for them, the fact that protesters would have gotten a $100 slap on the wrist is a problem.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Just remember ADA and SSAA pushed for the GMA nuffers Their main purpose is prosecute hunters and target hunters. Was probably a bit silly using that type of boat, but from the sounds of it they ran with the stronger charges Be interesting if they start to charge the protesters now for doing the same thing. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Measure it, when itโ€™s on the deck

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

deerhunter338mag wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:28 pm Just remember ADA and SSAA pushed for the GMA nuffers Their main purpose is prosecute hunters and target hunters. Was probably a bit silly using that type of boat, but from the sounds of it they ran with the stronger charges Be interesting if they start to charge the protesters now for doing the same thing. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ
The "Hunting State" is fast becoming the "Fucketry State" and we all know who's to blame. :roll: :roll: :roll: :handgestures-thumbup:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

TheoR8 wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:41 pm
deerhunter338mag wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:28 pm Just remember ADA and SSAA pushed for the GMA nuffers Their main purpose is prosecute hunters and target hunters. Was probably a bit silly using that type of boat, but from the sounds of it they ran with the stronger charges Be interesting if they start to charge the protesters now for doing the same thing. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ
The "Hunting State" is fast becoming the "Fucketry State" and we all know who's to blame. :roll: :roll: :roll: :handgestures-thumbup:
Time to shift to NZ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

deerhunter338mag wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:51 pm
With Mrs Ed running that rock show, Nah it's going to be worse then here, but at least they pretty much ignored their buy back unlike us.
buy-back-performance-data-24nov2019.jpg
So only about 300-500,000 to get handed in over the next 20 days.
I'm thinking non compliance might be higher then they expected. :dance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :handgestures-thumbup:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

SPEEDY wrote: โ†‘Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:45 am
deerhunter338mag wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:51 pm

With Mrs Ed running that rock show, Nah it's going to be worse then here, but at least they pretty much ignored their buy back unlike us.

buy-back-performance-data-24nov2019.jpg

So only about 300-500,000 to get handed in over the next 20 days.
I'm thinking non compliance might be higher then they expected. :dance:
The way they are going atm it might be pushed out to a royal commission. Breaking news is suggesting that the online platform for the gun buyback scheme has been closed due to a privacy breach. Seems all the personal details like personal bank account details have been exposed. It also sounds like the guy behind all this mayhem might of got his licence due to piss poor work practices of the local police. Information suggest that police are meant to interview 2 people that have known you for some time. From what I was told it was 2 friends he has only talk to online and never in person.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

That's what happens when you rush into a knee jerk reaction and try and do something fast with no planning.
Just think about Labor's home insulation scheme, rushed through, badly managed and resulted in companies ripping off the government, house's getting burnt down and poorly trained workers getting killed.

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

20190913_113211.jpg
It's truly a Muppet show.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

Return to โ€œInternational Firearms Freedomsโ€