New hunting buddy

Here is the place to discuss our favorite dogs of all types, and our adventures with them.

Moderators: Vaughan, mchughcb

Monty3006

New hunting buddy

Post by Monty3006 »

After almost a year of not having a dog we’ve got a new pup, Digger the Vizsla. I’ve started him on the Deerdog Blueprint and he’ll be used for deer, pigs, and goats.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mchughcb

Re: New hunting buddy

Post by mchughcb »

Great looking dog. Look forward to seeing you hunting together

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Lovely looking dog. Look forward to your adventures together.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Rifletuner

Post by Rifletuner »

Nice looking dog. They are not easy to find at the moment. I imagine you were waiting for a while. The blueprint should work well for you. Will be interested how you find it as you go along.

Monty3006

Post by Monty3006 »

Thanks guys.

It was a bit over a years wait to get him. Things hadn’t gone as silly with COVID yet when I put my name down, which helped. I wouldn’t like to be starting out to get one in the current environment.

The type of hunting the blueprints gets the dog to do suits my hunting most. I mainly hunt fallow so having the dog in close to me is important. My last pointer ranged out further, which was fine for hunting sambar, but for the majority of my hunting locally wasn’t ideal. He’s got a pretty good natural stalk and point which is nice to see.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Congratulations mate, nothing beats hunting with a good dog by your side.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Nice looking pup!
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

Cute pup,
first the bonding and then training starts.
The rewards are immense.
Enjoy

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

Thanks for sharing.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Rewards? I wanted to beat my 1 y.o. GWP to death with the wooden retrieving dummy yesterday. He knew what to do. Done it heaps of times. He just wouldn't do it.... :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: We went back into the house. He got a snack. I got a frosty....
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

Vaughan wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:19 am Rewards? I wanted to beat my 1 y.o. GWP to death with the wooden retrieving dummy yesterday. He knew what to do. Done it heaps of times. He just wouldn't do it.... :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: We went back into the house. He got a snack. I got a frosty....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

I saw this sign at a Vet’s office: “Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.”

caps

Post by caps »

Congratulations on the pup, going to be a solid dog by the looks of it.

YukonHunter

Post by YukonHunter »

Monty3006 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:52 pm After almost a year of not having a dog we’ve got a new pup, Digger the Vizsla. I’ve started him on the Deerdog Blueprint and he’ll be used for deer, pigs, and goats.
Beauty Dog!
Having them in close is nice so you can direct them more easily.

This breed his high energy... have you heard of the "Puller" training ring? Something like 10 minutes of pulling/playing with thd "handler" is equivalent to many miles/ km of waking. Also, builds a strong bond with hsnfker and builds confidence in the pup.

Hope your sleeping ok... Dag the puppy stage can be rough.

Our Karelian Bear Dog just turned two, so our life's have become easier now... But the first year was extremely challenging... omg.😬 We love her now. 🐕🐾
YH
Blaser R8, Professional Hunter S (Green), Standard barrel w/ iron sights, non-detachable magazine, 30-06 cal, Saddle mount QR with low rings 1", Leupold Gold Ring VX-3 3.5-10x40mm-1" Tube Boone & Crockett.

"The Journey, is the Reward"

Monty3006

Post by Monty3006 »

[/quote]

Beauty Dog!
Having them in close is nice so you can direct them more easily.

This breed his high energy... have you heard of the "Puller" training ring? Something like 10 minutes of pulling/playing with thd "handler" is equivalent to many miles/ km of waking. Also, builds a strong bond with hsnfker and builds confidence in the pup.

Hope your sleeping ok... Dag the puppy stage can be rough.

Our Karelian Bear Dog just turned two, so our life's have become easier now... But the first year was extremely challenging... omg.😬 We love her now. 🐕🐾
YH
[/quote]

No I haven’t heard of “Puller” training, but I will look into it. I think you can always learn from different techniques.

I have 3 kids under 4 so the loss of sleep hasn’t felt like anything new :lol: TBH I started crate training first day and he was surprisingly good from the start.

I don’t know much about the Karelian Bear Dogs but have seen a couple of videos of them working and they look like real hard case hunter.

Return to “BlaserBuds Dog Diskussions”