Shokam Repair -Fast

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

mchughcb

Shokam Repair -Fast

Post by mchughcb »

Well just before Christmas I was getting worried about my first shotkam. The first issue was the USB connection was loose but it had progressively got worse. By Christmas the connection was interrupting the download and causing errors. Then is started to see device not recognised errors. Then the clips downloaded but were corrupted. I checked the USB port and the steel had cracked. After 2 years of use during hunting it was time to send it back.

I quick email to Shotkam and they said it was out of warranty but they could repair it. I followed the instructions and got a bill for $300AUD. They replaced the circuit board and upgraded the battery and updated the firmware and had it shipped the day the invoice was paid.

Looks like new and the firmware has a couple of extra options which is nice.

So I can't complain about the service and looking to another couple of years of hunting with it.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Re: Shokam Repair -Fast

Post by Rod »

Good to know đź‘Ť

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

That's not bad at all Chucky. Sounds like it is as new....It's good when companies stand by their products...
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Well just an update, the second ShotKam I bought of similar vintage has also come up with the memory errors when transferring files like the last one plus the usb port was getting a little loose so that got sent back last week and hopefully it will get a new battery and circuit board like the last one. Having used shotkams regularly now for 2 years and making hundreds of hunting videos in some very arduous conditions I can't recommend them enough. For an action cam that has HD video at 100fps and a 6+ hour standby mode and POI focus out to 60+ m is quite amazing. You will pay extra for it but you get what you pay for.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

mchughcb wrote: ↑Mon May 11, 2020 8:09 pm Well just an update, the second ShotKam I bought of similar vintage has also come up with the memory errors when transferring files like the last one plus the usb port was getting a little loose so that got sent back last week and hopefully it will get a new battery and circuit board like the last one. Having used shotkams regularly now for 2 years and making hundreds of hunting videos in some very arduous conditions I can't recommend them enough. For an action cam that has HD video at 100fps and a 6+ hour standby mode and POI focus out to 60+ m is quite amazing. You will pay extra for it but you get what you pay for.
The average guy that shoots once in a blue moon it would last for years. Maybe you should ask them to make an industrial one for you, as your out shooting just about every weekend and also throughout the week as well. :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”