I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up here yet.

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

SPEEDY

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up here yet.

Post by SPEEDY »

But this H. R.127 bill is BS, in many ways its worse then our laws here.
You get a bigger sentence for stupid manure like simply possessing a single .50 round, or technically a shotgun slug too might fit their definition for a minimum 10 year sentence.

Seriously WTF, does it have any chance now with the new regime in control?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AVOpx6wzo ... e=youtu.be
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Re: I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up here yet.

Post by pagosawingnut »

I don't believe it will get much support. If it passes, there are going to be a lot of criminals here and possibly much worse.
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Yes and the internal fallout will be bloody bad too.

It will embolden other countries to start a gun grab for anything they don't like for whatever stupid reason.

NZ after their disastrous buy bak just a year later, not even a year from when it finished is already moving on pump action rifles now too.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Hey Speedy....I doubt that that poor excuse for a bill will see any light. Even the dumb arse greens would realise that there aren’t enough jails to house all the potential law breakers .

As for NZ....well I do feel for them. But I would gladly swap legislation with them in a nanosecond. I can just see me know exercising my credit card. Semi auto shotguns and rimfires. Suppressors hanging off most barrels. Plus... duck hunting, unbelievable public land access, no permit to acquire and a substantial portion of their population see hunting as ...normal.

And then ... in Queensland we now have this retake on a “fit and proper person “ .....now that is something we need to worry about.

Cheers
Rod

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Give NZ a little more time, there's definitely more to come.

Ado

Post by Ado »

I would trade UK for Australian or NZ laws any day...

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Ado wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:56 am I would trade UK for Australian or NZ laws any day...
I'll see your UK and raise you Sweden.... :| :doh: :lol: To be fair, other than stupid limitations on firearms numbers, I can't really complain.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Expect a lot more problems too once they are signed up to all the BS UN laws and rules that will screw things up for everyone.
You will find that there will be a heap of local law changes to suite the UN agenda too.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Ado wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:56 am I would trade UK for Australian or NZ laws any day...
You probably wouldn’t say that if you lived existed in WA. Makes the rest of the Australian states like like a shooting and hunting utopia.

Rod

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Rod wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:36 pm
You probably wouldn’t say that if you lived existed in WA. Makes the rest of the Australian states like like a shooting and hunting utopia.

Rod
WA always has been a bit different... :doh: Didn't know they were that bad though.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Vaughan wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:24 am
Rod wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:36 pm

Rod
WA always has been a bit different... :doh: Didn't know they were that bad though.
https://www.police.wa.gov.au/~/media/Fi ... .pdf?la=en

WA doesn’t recognise firearm license’s issued in other states and their licensing fees .....interesting 🙈

Rod

Ado

Post by Ado »

Other than a straight prohibition on private gun ownership, the UK firearms laws are the most controlled I know of in Western countries (save maybe for Ireland/Northern Island). After you have police record checks, a one hour interview in your home with a Firearms Enquiry Officer (FEO) for psychological evaluation and home security assessment, and you document “good reason” for your application for each and every firearm (ie rifle or some shotguns) you request permission to have, you do not receive a general firearms licence/certificate. The certificate’s permissions specify for each and every firearm: calibre, use of a specific moderator (use of which is encouraged), intended uses (target &/or hunting), type of game/quarry, areas to be used (not specific but land approved for your calibre - after your 1st renewal it is generally removed) and number of complete rounds you may have in your possession. So if you feel like a new barrel or firearm you have to apply for it and speak to an FEO and pay for a certificate variation which will take weeks/months depending on which police constabulary covers your residence.

Forget about pistols (unless under very specific and very limited use cases), semi-autos and automatics. Plus secure storage at home and in transit for guns and ammo. Shotguns are generally controlled in a different and somewhat easier way but some are controlled as a “firearm”.

But then again deaths (violence or suicides) and violent crimes with firearms are very, very low. Almost all violent crimes are from illegally smuggled firearms from the Continent. Now that Brexit has happened and the UK has taken control of its borders, shouldn’t be a problem any more, right?

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

That's similar to Australia, and the million or more guns that didn't get handed in over 20 years ago.

Our current laws, FFS, they had a criminal go on a shooting rampage with an illegal shotgun while wearing a tracking anklet.
They still couldn't find him, even rhen he showed up at their front door. 🙄

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

I think the gun control proponents in this country grossly overestimate the desire of the vast majority of gun owners to abide by laws that they deem unconstitutional.

I see a few new Gadsden flags flying in front yards everytime I go for a drive.

I wonder what the factory workers that are making them in China think? Or do they know as little about the history of my country as I do of theirs? Things to ponder...

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Well good on Missouri for telling em to shove it up whatever orifice their chosen gender identity will find the least appealing. :dance:

"JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — The Missouri House on Thursday passed a bill to ban local police from enforcing federal gun laws, an effort to stymie implementation of any new federal gun restrictions enacted under Democratic President Joe Biden."

https://www.ksdk.com/mobile/article/new ... 4febd4fb8c

I love this bit.

Missouri measure would penalize local police departments if their officers enforce federal gun laws. Those agencies could be sued by those who broke federal gun laws and would face minimum $50,000 fines.

“We’re literally defunding our law enforcement agencies to give that money to criminals,” St. Louis Democratic Rep. Peter Meredith said before asking the House to vote against the bill. “This is not hyperbole.”

So 1st off its the Democrats that want to push to defend police, and the criminals he's referring to aren't criminals, they will be normal everyday people who were made into criminals by the democrats.

If the democrats pulled their heads out of whoevers hole they are jammed in, then they would scrap both of those stupid problems they created.

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”